Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Maui Navigation Map Needs Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my S70D for 5 days now and have discovered that the nav does not have all the Maui roads. For instance, for those of you on Maui, it doesn't include Hansen Road so it gives the long way around to reach an address in lower Kula on Pulehu Rd. Is there some way to get the nav maps updated?

The maps update automatically OTA. You'll see a notification on your screen after a map update letting you know that the update occurred. There's no way that you can manually tell the car to update. However, you could call the SC and ask them to check if you have the most current version of the maps data, and if not, ask if they can initiate the update it for you.

I've had my S70D for 5 days now and have discovered that the nav does not have all the Maui roads. For instance, for those of you on Maui, it doesn't include Hansen Road so it gives the long way around to reach an address in lower Kula on Pulehu Rd. Is there some way to get the nav maps updated?
Just did a quick search on TMC and found an old thread about reporting (tesla navigation application) Navigon/Garmin map errors.

See the thread Fixing map errors (Garmin)) where there are instructions as to what someone did to report an error

Actually, I dug into the map update issue a while back, and they only update over Wi-Fi (not the standard in-car 3G/LTE). I haven't been able to connect to Wi-Fi for over a year, and haven't gotten a map update in that time as a result. Our Maui Ranger might be able to do this, but I forgot to ask the last time that I had service.