Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maui Owners Meet-Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been inquiries about having a Maui owners meet-up. Tesla Hawaii Club can help promote the event but it would be up to the owners to help plan the details of the meet-up (date, location, etc.)

Maui owners, please post if you're interested!

There are around 100 Teslas on the island now, so please pass the word on about this!

It'd be fun if at least 20 Maui owners could meet at Baldwin Park (sea level) and convoy up Haleakala. Maybe we could do a frunking (tailgating) photo shoot at sunset?

If I'm not mistaken, Haleakala Hwy is the steepest paved highway in the world (sea level to 10,000 ft elevation in the shortest distance)?

Polly Wog, I think you're the only one to have posted your trip online. It's a great post.

I last heard in Aug of 2015 the official Tesla count on Maui was nearing 70. I've only seen about 10 -- maybe less if I counted the same ones twice.

Maui Electric Company will be hosting an EV event at their Maui office on Saturday, November 19 from 10am to 2pm. This event will include a ride and drive.

They would love to have Teslas at this event! This would be a great opportunity to meet up with fellow Tesla and other EV owners!

PM or post if you're interested in attending and i'll get more info.

Maui Electric Company will be hosting an EV event at their Maui office on Saturday, November 19 from 10am to 2pm. This event will include a ride and drive.

They would love to have Teslas at this event! This would be a great opportunity to meet up with fellow Tesla and other EV owners!

PM or post if you're interested in attending and i'll get more info.
Hmmm, we will be on island for a little vacay that weekend, mind if I crash the event? :p;)

Driving a rental is going to be pure torture! :eek::p

Reactions: Akikiki and nanimac
There have been inquiries about having a Maui owners meet-up. Tesla Hawaii Club can help promote the event but it would be up to the owners to help plan the details of the meet-up (date, location, etc.)

There are around 100 Teslas on the island now, so please pass the word on about this!

Hi Nanimac,
I'm not good at posting on threads online, but I see you're pretty active. Maybe you can help:

I've gotten to know John and Tammy Browning over the past several months and was invited to participate in an event he hosted last month for the Exotic Car Club on Maui. There were about 30 cars all staged on his huge circular driveway for a photo shoot via a drone -- before we all drove off to Haleakala National Park.

Mazarati, Porsche, Lamborghini, Rolls, Tesla Roadster, S, and X, Mercedes, Ferrari, and more were there. It was a fun event.

Anyway, Mr Browning has agreed to open his estate for another Haleakala drive -- but this time ONLY FOR TESLAS!!

The date is Saturday January 7, 2017,

and he will be driving his Roadster (or S or X). I'm the coordinator and so far I have 6 owners who say they will participate for sure -- and another 5 are "maybes".

We'd like to get at least 25 Tesla owners to participate. Can you help get the word out?

If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]. Send me your phone number along with a selfie of you with your Tesla in the background.

I will call you and add your name to the guest list to be allowed entry into the Browning's gated estate on Jan 7, 2017.

Hope to hear from you!

Hi Nanimac,
I'm not good at posting on threads online, but I see you're pretty active. Maybe you can help:

I've gotten to know John and Tammy Browning over the past several months and was invited to participate in an event he hosted last month for the Exotic Car Club on Maui. There were about 30 cars all staged on his huge circular driveway for a photo shoot via a drone -- before we all drove off to Haleakala National Park.

Mazarati, Porsche, Lamborghini, Rolls, Tesla Roadster, S, and X, Mercedes, Ferrari, and more were there. It was a fun event.

Anyway, Mr Browning has agreed to open his estate for another Haleakala drive -- but this time ONLY FOR TESLAS!!

and he will be driving his Roadster (or S or X). I'm the coordinator and so far I have 6 owners who say they will participate for sure -- and another 5 are "maybes".

We'd like to get at least 25 Tesla owners to participate. Can you help get the word out?

If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]. Send me your phone number along with a selfie of you with your Tesla in the background.

I will call you and add your name to the guest list to be allowed entry into the Browning's gated estate on Jan 7, 2017.

Hope to hear from you!

A Maui meet up would be great! I'd be happy to get the word out. I'll post on the club website and send an email out with your contact info.

Hi Nanimac,

Hope to hear from you!
did I just hear someone say we need some sort of ferry to transport cars between the islands. What a radical Idea. What should we call it.

• Funny
Reactions: Polly Wog

Sounds like fun! Keep us posted!

Hi Kimber,
A Tesla drive up the steepest paved road in the world (sea level to 10,000 feet elevation) is set for this Saturday January 7.

Video will be sent to Tesla.com. 16 Teslas signed up. Reply if you want to join us. We have at least 2 model X, and a Roadster.
Not quite the steepest paved road. Quite possibly the "longest paved climb" though! :D:p;)

Having finally ridden up it on my bike in November I would love to see some pictures of all the Maui Tesla's up there!

Not quite the steepest paved road. Quite possibly the "longest paved climb" though! :D:p;)

Having finally ridden up it on my bike in November I would love to see some pictures of all the Maui Tesla's up there!

Let me know your phone number via my email [email protected] and I'll give you more info about the drive tomorrow.

Thanks

(Sea Level to 10,000 feet elevation in the "shortest distance" is the reason the route is known as the steepest "paved" road)

Reactions: goneskiian
Let me know your phone number via my email [email protected] and I'll give you more info about the drive tomorrow.

Thanks

(Sea Level to 10,000 feet elevation in the "shortest distance" is the reason the route is known as the steepest "paved" road)
My username at gmail. Thanks!

Touché. Of course my google search turned up a whole bunch of 30%+ slopes, but when you put it that way...

Also, knowing it only averages about 5% or 6% may have confused the issue. :p;)