Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max battery for MX P90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New 206 P90DL owner here. I've searched here quite a lot and can't seem to get clarity on whether or not there is a non-launch performance benefit from my waiting for my battery to reach Max Battery ready status? I have found where Max Battery adds power at launch mode, but am unclear on any non-launch mode performance benefit? Anyone know?

at 7.1 software pushing the max battery button would add 40 hp or so for all driving, currently on 8.0 software it no longer adds performance unless you use launch mode. in launch mode with max battery power is the only way to get the extra 40 hp now

at 7.1 software pushing the max battery button would add 40 hp or so for all driving, currently on 8.0 software it no longer adds performance unless you use launch mode. in launch mode with max battery power is the only way to get the extra 40 hp now

Thanks for your post Tech_Guy. I'm not apt to launch with any regularity, so I wish the 8.0 software wasn't limiting non-launch power as you said.