TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Ryan Autry, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry 2016 P90DL

"Anyone else with a Performance model missing Max Battery Power after the latest firmware update?

The Ludicrous+ tab is there, however Max Battery Power is not displayed and the fans don't come on at all. Launch Mode also doesn't work.

They have changed the location of Max Battery Power. It now shows as Ludicrous+ (You can see that in my screenshot). The issue is it does not show the battery heating which means it is not in Max Battery Power mode. Launch Mode doesn't work either.

The Service Center pushed 8.4 to my car and it did not fix this. I have an appointment this coming Monday to take it in so I guess I will have to wait until then for them to look at it.

"

A member on the Tesla forums is having the same issue that I am. After the newest update, we're missing the "Max Battery Power" option.

Our screens with the missing Max Battery Power
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Bb0lzJx1wiE7BHfFeHizMpJsW-6yiNIp6T86AS_v1W-r6oX-wiqN3CrQjBJ465aOAOqe3NipK77TItolQlgZ-z2uloahEScIKSfn6BRKSCstIzE6qWa-VBAFF54FSjCf96Imd3I7A44=w546-h969-no

Someone elses screen with it showing.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BHJbB_ltTGYNJz6SjPAxfu8mnlUcwLgOvKnxZmp8BHtm-g02Kz9m2SoF-w8h98BQ19iWO5wtMr7hF5fSsZ318ddlSeLEtXlEJZVi60XuNradBTo_elZLy8r3pg-hNkbLbNkjd4hIIX4=s969-no

• Informative x 1
  2. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Does the max battery power mode get triggered if you go to the Easter egg basket and trigger the Ludicrous+ Easter egg? (While you have the driving mode is Ludicrous+ mode of course.)

3. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry 2016 P90DL

I have zero idea of what Easter egg you’re talking about. lol

Please enlighten me.

4. whitex

whitex Active Member

Another feature Tesla software team forgot and QA didn't catch that? Maybe the last guys who worked on the max battery feature was fired because he told Elon something cannot be done, or just left for a more sane job. ;) It wouldn't be the first time a feature was left out.

• Funny x 2
  5. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

They one that looks like you are warping through a star field.

6. Bill Price

Bill Price Member

Got 2019.8.4 yesterday. Drive options are [CHILL] [STANDARD] [LUDICROUS] and [LUDICROUS+]. When I choose ludicrous+, the max battery power sub screen comes up where you can choose max battery, or close that window. If you don't show that sub screen option when you choose [LUDICROUS+], either something is wrong or you're holding your mouth wrong. :cool:

• Informative x 3
  7. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry 2016 P90DL

Ahhh, that didn’t change anything. Still no Max Battery Power reading anywhere.

8. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry 2016 P90DL

Unfortunately, I’m not getting a sub screen of any kind when I select the Ludicrous+ option.

9. Tummy

Tummy Member

Did you try rebooting the MCU?

10. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry 2016 P90DL

That’s the first thing I tried. Then Inrebooted the other systems as well.

No luck.

11. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

I really wish you could see what version they are about to push to the car. I've had the update nag for a few days now, I have not allowed it to update because I don't want 2019.8.3 and the half working L+ mode, not sure I even want 2019.8.4 either but it's kind of silly it's a lucky dip when you allow the update to proceed.

12. nybw51mr42

nybw51mr42 Member

I mentioned this in the other thread too - I'm having the same problem. No max battery on Insane +

13. Bill Price

Bill Price Member

Could this issue be why they are pushing 2019.8.5 out right now and seem to have dropped pushing out 8.4?

14. thefluidrock

thefluidrock Member

I'm having this same problem. P85D last week I only had insane mide but I was able to enable Mac battery mode. After the update I now have Insane+ mode but I don't see any reference to max battery. My car launched MUCH faster before the update. I have lost performance after this update.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Max battery mode has been integrated into the Insane/Ludicrous+ setting. It was in one of the previous release notes under "New Acceleration Mode".

16. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry 2016 P90DL

Insane/ludicrous+ do nothing with this update. It does not warm the batteries. There is also no launch mode, either.

17. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

18. Ryan Autry

Ryan Autry 2016 P90DL

19. nybw51mr42

nybw51mr42 Member

Just a theory here, but maybe the new software only works for P100Ds and not the P85D or P90D variants? From some brief perusing it seems like those with P100Ds do not have this problem.

20. krsgio

krsgio Member

Keep reading about this issue but keep forgetting to try my P85D insane + with 2019.8.4