Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ryan Autry

2015 P90DL
Mar 23, 2019
California
"Anyone else with a Performance model missing Max Battery Power after the latest firmware update?

The Ludicrous+ tab is there, however Max Battery Power is not displayed and the fans don't come on at all. Launch Mode also doesn't work.

They have changed the location of Max Battery Power. It now shows as Ludicrous+ (You can see that in my screenshot). The issue is it does not show the battery heating which means it is not in Max Battery Power mode. Launch Mode doesn't work either.

The Service Center pushed 8.4 to my car and it did not fix this. I have an appointment this coming Monday to take it in so I guess I will have to wait until then for them to look at it.

"

A member on the Tesla forums is having the same issue that I am. After the newest update, we're missing the "Max Battery Power" option.

Our screens with the missing Max Battery Power
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B...tIzE6qWa-VBAFF54FSjCf96Imd3I7A44=w546-h969-no

Someone elses screen with it showing.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B...XuNradBTo_elZLy8r3pg-hNkbLbNkjd4hIIX4=s969-no

• Informative
Reactions: jerjozwik

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
Does the max battery power mode get triggered if you go to the Easter egg basket and trigger the Ludicrous+ Easter egg? (While you have the driving mode is Ludicrous+ mode of course.)

Ryan Autry

2015 P90DL
Mar 23, 2019
California
Does the max battery power mode get triggered if you go to the Easter egg basket and trigger the Ludicrous+ Easter egg? (While you have the driving mode is Ludicrous+ mode of course.)
I have zero idea of what Easter egg you’re talking about. lol

Please enlighten me.

whitex

Sep 30, 2015
Seattle area, WA
Another feature Tesla software team forgot and QA didn't catch that? Maybe the last guys who worked on the max battery feature was fired because he told Elon something cannot be done, or just left for a more sane job. ;) It wouldn't be the first time a feature was left out.

Bill Price

Sep 23, 2018
Indianapolis
"Anyone else with a Performance model missing Max Battery Power after the latest firmware update?

The Ludicrous+ tab is there, however Max Battery Power is not displayed and the fans don't come on at all. Launch Mode also doesn't work.

They have changed the location of Max Battery Power. It now shows as Ludicrous+ (You can see that in my screenshot). The issue is it does not show the battery heating which means it is not in Max Battery Power mode. Launch Mode doesn't work either.

The Service Center pushed 8.4 to my car and it did not fix this. I have an appointment this coming Monday to take it in so I guess I will have to wait until then for them to look at it.

Got 2019.8.4 yesterday. Drive options are [CHILL] [STANDARD] [LUDICROUS] and [LUDICROUS+]. When I choose ludicrous+, the max battery power sub screen comes up where you can choose max battery, or close that window. If you don't show that sub screen option when you choose [LUDICROUS+], either something is wrong or you're holding your mouth wrong. :cool:

Ryan Autry

2015 P90DL
Mar 23, 2019
California
Got 2019.8.4 yesterday. Drive options are [CHILL] [STANDARD] [LUDICROUS] and [LUDICROUS+]. When I choose ludicrous+, the max battery power sub screen comes up where you can choose max battery, or close that window. If you don't show that sub screen option when you choose [LUDICROUS+], either something is wrong or you're holding your mouth wrong. :cool:
Unfortunately, I’m not getting a sub screen of any kind when I select the Ludicrous+ option.

P100D_Me

Nov 12, 2018
Australia
I really wish you could see what version they are about to push to the car. I've had the update nag for a few days now, I have not allowed it to update because I don't want 2019.8.3 and the half working L+ mode, not sure I even want 2019.8.4 either but it's kind of silly it's a lucky dip when you allow the update to proceed.

thefluidrock

Feb 25, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
I'm having this same problem. P85D last week I only had insane mide but I was able to enable Mac battery mode. After the update I now have Insane+ mode but I don't see any reference to max battery. My car launched MUCH faster before the update. I have lost performance after this update.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: sorka and davidc18

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Max battery mode has been integrated into the Insane/Ludicrous+ setting. It was in one of the previous release notes under "New Acceleration Mode".

Litigate88

Feb 18, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Just a theory here, but maybe the new software only works for P100Ds and not the P85D or P90D variants? From some brief perusing it seems like those with P100Ds do not have this problem.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC