Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did it get mentioned in the release notes?

Nope. Only updates from 2019.16.1.1 Release Notes:

Software Update Preference

You now have the option to receive new software updates as soon as they become available for your car configuration and region. Tap Controls > Software > Software Update Preference > ADVANCED

Swedish Language Support

Your touchscreen and navigation voice guidance is now available in Swedish. To change the language, simply go to Controls > Display > Language or Navigation Language while in Park. My Swedish supermodel mistress is really going to like this update. :D

My point was, I had ZERO idea that an update could limit power, yet the first thing I noticed after the "bugged" firmware update was lack of power. To clarify, I did not update my car and then check to see if anything changed. I updated my car and went on my commute, only to immediately notice a power deficit. It was only then that I found this thread, and realized it was the firmware update.

Can someone please start posting some CANBUS logs showing amps and temperature at WOT? Until that happens, I won't believe there's been a reduction in power except that caused by the lack of battery heater.

I'd do it myself, but I'd first have to upgrade to V9 which I will NEVER do.

Reactions: bhzmark
I'm waiting for my cable. I have my OBD2 Bluetooth CANBUS adapter. If an update for the P90D comes out before Tuesday when I get the cable, I won't apply the update so I can do a before and after. Unfortunately I don't have a pre 2019.8.3 FW baseline.

Even if my car received this new update, I wont be installing it at least for a few weeks. Learned my lesson. Wait it out to see what they broke/nerfed first, then decide if the update is going to give me anything of value. I have completely lost trust in Tesla's software development team.

Reactions: sorka
YI am led to believe that Motortrend (?) got a 2.6 second 0 to 60 mph (P90DL on a V1 battery) so assume Tesla are using that as proof of performance. I could be wrong though.

Wasn't it established long ago that MTs results where the result of ringers. MT got results nobody was ever able to repeat on multiple review cars.

Tesla advertised the 2016 P90DL at 2.8 seconds.

Reactions: AWDtsla
Can someone please start posting some CANBUS logs showing amps and temperature at WOT? Until that happens, I won't believe there's been a reduction in power except that caused by the lack of battery heater.

I'd do it myself, but I'd first have to upgrade to V9 which I will NEVER do.

These logs are crap because I didn’t realize you have to save after recording in TM-spy. The WOT was a quick blip in traffic, but they definitely correspond with what I was seeing in real time with my real runs that I didn’t save. In my previous version I also tested a fully preheated battery and turning off “max battery” and it lowered my amps from 1600 and power from 500kw to 1500 amps and 479kw. This seems to mimic that exactly, I haven’t had 1600 amps since the update.

Since I didn’t know how to save logs I unfortunately don’t have any before logs. I probably have my PowerTools showing power, but not amperage. I also have a Dragy on the way, but again I unfortunately don’t have any before data.

Attachments

• 87BD880A-3424-495A-8991-997B17ED9FBA.png
    87BD880A-3424-495A-8991-997B17ED9FBA.png
    158.7 KB · Views: 44
  • C42B7C25-3527-4B25-81B7-C995EBB8BA48.png
    C42B7C25-3527-4B25-81B7-C995EBB8BA48.png
    416.8 KB · Views: 39
These logs are crap because I didn’t realize you have to save after recording in TM-spy. The WOT was a quick blip in traffic, but they definitely correspond with what I was seeing in real time with my real runs that I didn’t save. In my previous version I also tested a fully preheated battery and turning off “max battery” and it lowered my amps from 1600 and power from 500kw to 1500 amps and 479kw. This seems to mimic that exactly, I haven’t had 1600 amps since the update.

Since I didn’t know how to save logs I unfortunately don’t have any before logs. I probably have my PowerTools showing power, but not amperage. I also have a Dragy on the way, but again I unfortunately don’t have any before data.
Sorry @ASMills85 can you confirm that with update 2019.16.1.1 you're now seeing 1600amps and 500kw with max battery turned off?

Reactions: sorka