TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Ryan Autry, Apr 2, 2019.

1. ChiP90D

ChiP90D Member

Im sorry I should have been more clear. The member stated max battery was returned on their P85DL. This info is from the thread Grumble shared the link to earlier. Software Update 2019.16.x

2. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

Max Battery Power restored this morning with 2019.16.1.1 update via WiFi on our Ludicrous 2015 P85D+ :D

Very happy that Tesla fixed this "whoops" fairly quick considering all the other technical issues they've experienced with the massive Model 3 roll out. Great work!

• Like x 1
  3. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Did it get mentioned in the release notes?

• Funny x 1
  4. Grumble

Grumble Member

Why in the f..k are the P100D's getting this update but not the P90D's. The conspiracy theorist in me is starting to wonder if there's more to this under the covers.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  5. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

Nope. Only updates from 2019.16.1.1 Release Notes:

Software Update Preference

You now have the option to receive new software updates as soon as they become available for your car configuration and region. Tap Controls > Software > Software Update Preference > ADVANCED

Swedish Language Support

Your touchscreen and navigation voice guidance is now available in Swedish. To change the language, simply go to Controls > Display > Language or Navigation Language while in Park. My Swedish supermodel mistress is really going to like this update. :D

6. Teejay26

Teejay26 Member

I agree

• Like x 1
  7. Grumble

Grumble Member

2019.16.1 detected, but looks to be only for AP2.5 cars. My guess is ours will be a minor revision 2019.16.1.x

8. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Can someone please start posting some CANBUS logs showing amps and temperature at WOT? Until that happens, I won't believe there's been a reduction in power except that caused by the lack of battery heater.

I'd do it myself, but I'd first have to upgrade to V9 which I will NEVER do.

• Like x 1
  9. Grumble

Grumble Member

I'm waiting for my cable. I have my OBD2 Bluetooth CANBUS adapter. If an update for the P90D comes out before Tuesday when I get the cable, I won't apply the update so I can do a before and after. Unfortunately I don't have a pre 2019.8.3 FW baseline.

10. nividia7

nividia7 Member

Even if my car received this new update, I wont be installing it at least for a few weeks. Learned my lesson. Wait it out to see what they broke/nerfed first, then decide if the update is going to give me anything of value. I have completely lost trust in Tesla's software development team.

• Like x 1
  11. Grumble

Grumble Member

Well, my sh*t is broke anyways, but I do agree, they can still break it more lol

12. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

They admitted loss of power? Where? Link?

13. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

..and close to P85DL times.

14. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Can anyone else with a P100DL confirm that they're still getting 1762 amps with L+ engaged? There's been so much discussion on the P(85)(90)DL cars in this thread I would sure like to know if something different happened to the P100D.

15. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

What Model S pulls 1400 amps???

16. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Wasn't it established long ago that MTs results where the result of ringers. MT got results nobody was ever able to repeat on multiple review cars.

Tesla advertised the 2016 P90DL at 2.8 seconds.

• Like x 1
  17. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

By everyone except people on my ignore list.

• Funny x 2
  18. ASMills85

ASMills85 Member

These logs are crap because I didn’t realize you have to save after recording in TM-spy. The WOT was a quick blip in traffic, but they definitely correspond with what I was seeing in real time with my real runs that I didn’t save. In my previous version I also tested a fully preheated battery and turning off “max battery” and it lowered my amps from 1600 and power from 500kw to 1500 amps and 479kw. This seems to mimic that exactly, I haven’t had 1600 amps since the update.

Since I didn’t know how to save logs I unfortunately don’t have any before logs. I probably have my PowerTools showing power, but not amperage. I also have a Dragy on the way, but again I unfortunately don’t have any before data.

Attached Files:

19. Grumble

Grumble Member

Sorry @ASMills85 can you confirm that with update 2019.16.1.1 you're now seeing 1600amps and 500kw with max battery turned off?

• Like x 1
  20. ASMills85

ASMills85 Member

I’m still on 12.1.1. I’ll update when I get the new version. Luckily I should have better before data.