Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is still at the SC. They told me it was fixed yesterday and when I went to go pick it up, max battery power was still not working. They said I'm sure tesla will fix it in a future firmware release. I left the car there and told them to either fix it or roll the firmware back. Something tells me we're screwed. If you have an AP1 P85D/P90D, do not update your firmware to 2019.x

Reactions: davidc18
I had 2018.50.6
Yesterday, my car were at SC due to occasional "driver assistance features disabled"
- they hoped calibration of radar/camera would fix it. (and so far, it is fine)
While the car was in , I got app notification about successful software upgrade - thought that I got some 2019.x release.
When I got my car back, it is still 2018.50.6, so they just *reinstalled*, not upgraded.

this *may* indicate that latest update is deprecated for P90D ..
Should max battery power/launch mode be gone, I'll complain right away, same if acceleration is below what is expected.

• Helpful
Reactions: davidc18
I had 2018.50.6
Yesterday, my car were at SC due to occasional "driver assistance features disabled"
- they hoped calibration of radar/camera would fix it. (and so far, it is fine)
While the car was in , I got app notification about successful software upgrade - thought that I got some 2019.x release.
When I got my car back, it is still 2018.50.6, so they just *reinstalled*, not upgraded.

this *may* indicate that latest update is deprecated for P90D ..
Should max battery power/launch mode be gone, I'll complain right away, same if acceleration is below what is expected.
Sounds like you avoided the mess we're in. Kudos to your SC for either doing the right thing or getting lucky :)

Manager at SC called me back this morning like she promised. Engineering are aware of the bug and are working on a firmware fix but with no ETA. I asked the manager to keep in regular contact with me. At this point, we're pretty much SOL until they address it. I've also discovered really poor Bluetooth performance receiving/making calls. Sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds for me to be able to hear the other party on my car's speakers. I can try to test it with another phone, however prior to 2019.8.x, I had absolutely no issues. Pretty annoying

My car is on 2019.8.4 and I am able to successfully activate Launch Mode, that would indicate Max Battery power is active wouldn't it? (sorry I forgot to listen out to see if the car was warming the battery).
I should note I turned on L+ via the 'T' sign and not the new shortcut method on the driving mode screen.

Got 2019.8.5 last night over LTE. Checked this morning and still no max battery/launch. Still broken.
I've been on 201.8.5 for some time now (about a month) and while I can go into ludicrous mode+ via the driving menu and enable max battery, I've found that it really isn't true ludicrous+ mode. What I do now is go into driving menu, enable ludicrous+, enable max battery option, THEN go into the easter egg menu with the starfield, and THEN also enable max battery. This DOES give me true ludicrous mode. Simply just enabling ludicrous mode+ through the driving menu and then max battery does enable the car to go into launch mode, but my butt dyno and stop watch tell me that going through the easter egg starfield gives me MUCH more power..........in the realm of around at least 100 hp or more I would guess. Anyone else experience this? I have noticed that if I DON'T go through the easter egg, and enable max battery only, when the time runs down and it says that it has come up to full temperature and max battery has been enabled, if I THEN go into the easter egg and enable max battery through that path, it still shows several minutes before the batteries will get to the perfect temperature. Very strange that while the regular path through "driving" shows the batteries to temp, but through the starfield shows the batteries at a lower temperature? Anyone else experience this?

I've been on 201.8.5 for some time now (about a month) and while I can go into ludicrous mode+ via the driving menu and enable max battery, I've found that it really isn't true ludicrous+ mode. What I do now is go into driving menu, enable ludicrous+, enable max battery option, THEN go into the easter egg menu with the starfield, and THEN also enable max battery. This DOES give me true ludicrous mode. Simply just enabling ludicrous mode+ through the driving menu and then max battery does enable the car to go into launch mode, but my butt dyno and stop watch tell me that going through the easter egg starfield gives me MUCH more power..........in the realm of around at least 100 hp or more I would guess. Anyone else experience this? I have noticed that if I DON'T go through the easter egg, and enable max battery only, when the time runs down and it says that it has come up to full temperature and max battery has been enabled, if I THEN go into the easter egg and enable max battery through that path, it still shows several minutes before the batteries will get to the perfect temperature. Very strange that while the regular path through "driving" shows the batteries to temp, but through the starfield shows the batteries at a lower temperature? Anyone else experience this?
Bill, what year/model/AP version do you have?

Bill, I’m assuming you have a p100d?

I noticed a few AP1 cars are getting the latest updates. Seen a few P85D's but no P90D's. I'm going to have the SC push the update to my car It's so broken right now I don't think it matters. My nav is now constantly resetting (looses home and work address as well as history). Random settings keep going back to default. The one that bugs me the most is auto lock when walk away. It randomly just turns off so I'm constantly checking the app to make sure the car is locked. Main screen crashes once a week or so while I'm driving. The gauge cluster screen looses the left and right display randomly too. Today it lost the right display where I show energy consumption. Just a mess really. Not what I would expect from a $100,000+ vehicle. Very disappointed

IMG_20190424_145408.jpg
IMG_20190429_143456.jpg

I just finished installing 2019.12.1.1. No changes at all. Homelink still doesn't work at all, no response on initial push to talk, typing in the browser takes approx 20 seconds for each key press to register. Will wait to see if the random main screen crashes and settings bugs continue.

Of course the launch mode and loss of what feels like around 100hp have not been fixed.