Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just going to play devils advocate for a moment. judging how the last 4 firmwares for my model 3 have created various bugs including dead screens, backup cameras that stop functioning, AP cameras that just... stop working and navigate on autopilot that i was able to enjoy for all of one day before the popup "navigate on autopilot unavailable..." i think tesla may have rushed out the last multiple updates as bug fixes and probably forgot the cars prior to the P100D existed.

hopefully there will be a fix for us on the horizon, until then... no updates for me!

What is it going to take to get this issue resolved? If it hit a media source that was somewhat visible I’m sure it would be addressed much faster. I’d like to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt, but this issue has been going on for far too long without being fixed.

What is it going to take to get this issue resolved? If it hit a media source that was somewhat visible I’m sure it would be addressed much faster. I’d like to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt, but this issue has been going on for far too long without being fixed.
I just submitted a contact us plea for help at Teslarati. If anyone has any contacts there, a bit of motivation would go a long way.

I just saw the Teslarati article on 2019.16. Looks like it's still being tested on the early access vehicles. It also doesn't appear to have anything to do with our cars. It's a pretty major update to feature/functionality of AP2.5 cars so I highly doubt they would wrap our issue into that firmware release.

I have a 2014 that started out as a P85D. The battery was replaced under warranty. Eventually I ended up getting a V3 90kw. They first gave me a refurbished 85kw that wasn’t Ludicrous mode capable. Judging by the part number and the number of cycles listed in TM-Spy I’m pretty sure mine is also new and not a refurb. I do have the + suspension. It is definitely a rare combination and I’m happy with how it turned out even though it has been a bit of a mess.

How many miles did you have on the original battery when it finally needed replacement? What was its super charging history? What kind of climate do you live in? Just curious, you probably see where I'm going with this... thanks

How many miles did you have on the original battery when it finally needed replacement? What was its super charging history? What kind of climate do you live in? Just curious, you probably see where I'm going with this... thanks
Around 40k, I only had the car for a few months but I live in NE and it was a NY car. I can’t speak to its SC history, I used them on my drive home but otherwise charge at home. None of these are likely helpful in my situation though. My battery was healthy and had less than 2% degradation and was putting out 446kw. I was told a wiring harness in my pack failed which is what led to the replacement.

FWIW before the update I was getting around 430kW max battery ready at 90% SOC. I checked yesterday after super charging to 90%, with L+ I get the exact same ~430kW... I have a Dec. '14 build 55k miles P85DL

Interestingly, the update that is supposed to "warm the battery" when navigating to a super charger doesn't seem to turn the fan on like I think it would? Maybe the fan operation is messed up with this new update then, hence why we don't hear the fan coming on when selecting L+? can anyone else confirm this?

Reactions: bhzmark
Interestingly, the update that is supposed to "warm the battery" when navigating to a super charger doesn't seem to turn the fan on like I think it would? Maybe the fan operation is messed up with this new update then, hence why we don't hear the fan coming on when selecting L+? can anyone else confirm this?

That fan shouldn't turn on while heating.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Prior to the update that broke my car, when I turned on max battery power, my car sounded like a shopvac. I'm assuming that's the sound of a fan.
The coolant pumps should turn on which should sound like a faint whine. If it sounded like a shopvac, something is broken.

Navigate to a supercharger closer to you and it should turn on.

yeah i dunno, other people have used the word "fans" too. even the guy who made this thread. are you sure there isn't at least "one fan" that turns on for max battery mode in a p85dl?

It wouldn't make any sense. The entire purpose of the fans is to cool things. So if you are trying to heat the battery you don't want the fans to turn on. (The battery heater is a submersible heating element in the cooling loop.)

• Informative
Reactions: UkrHog