Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vehicle has/had a similar sound as well. Shop vac’ish, but not as loud. I think there may be a misunderstanding as far as how loud the sound is. Definitely sounds like a fan, but may very well be a pump. Either way, I hope to hear that sound again soon.

I have a P85D and am having the same issues as everyone else. Obvious lack of power, insane+ does literally nothing, and launch control has disappeared completely. I got another update a few days ago thinking it was to fix these issues, however it did literally nothing as well. Issues like these are hard to look-over and accept, especially if its now been over a month and still nothing from Tesla.

My 2016 P90DL v2 pack is on 2019.12.1.1 and I am also experiencing all of the mentioned issues. I rarely used max battery power, but my WOT 0-60 pulls at 80% SoC feel significantly weaker on ludicrous and ludicrous+ compared to before the update. I’m curious to see what peak power output is during these runs, although I don’t have any pre-update baseline to compare it with. Tesla, please fix our cars!

As a new owner I don't understand why Tesla are not responding to this issue. I have raised it with service centre - no response as yet; I have filed a "concern" on Tesla account - no response; I have tweeted Elon and Tesla at least three times - no response (!). Can someone with more clout take it up so at least we know what is going on? Any large follower twitter people here who would get noticed?

I also notice the Ludicrous + mode just stays on - it is supposed (when working) to turn itself off after 3 hours.

I just tweeted again - for what it is worth. Responses welcome
James Hewitt on Twitter

James

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
Cool! Did you see this update though at the end of the article?

"
Update:

A Tesla spokesperson has stated that the settings for Max Battery Power and Launch Mode were inadvertently removed from some Model S vehicles after a UI update. The electric car maker is currently working on a fix for the issue, and has noted that the updates were not intended to restrict the performance of the affected Model S vehicles. Tesla extends its apologies to electric car owners for the inconvenience resulting from this issue."

Cool! Did you see this update though at the end of the article?

"
Update:

A Tesla spokesperson has stated that the settings for Max Battery Power and Launch Mode were inadvertently removed from some Model S vehicles after a UI update. The electric car maker is currently working on a fix for the issue, and has noted that the updates were not intended to restrict the performance of the affected Model S vehicles. Tesla extends its apologies to electric car owners for the inconvenience resulting from this issue."
While I appreciate the article and really hope it moves us to resolution quicker, I feel it's a bit disingenuous for Tesla to extend an apology through a media outlet. The least they can do is let us know personally that it's being handled and give us some kind of timeline to resolution.

While I appreciate the article and really hope it moves us to resolution quicker, I feel it's a bit disingenuous for Tesla to extend an apology through a media outlet. The least they can do is let us know personally that it's being handled and give us some kind of timeline to resolution.

I finally got a form letter response (could have just been automated... very very slow automation), did not address the problem at all.

I haven't heard the P100D's having this issue at all. Your car should be unaffected unless it's an AP1 car (which I guess is technically possible). If you have cameras in the door pillars and side fenders, your car should be unaffected.
I don’t see why AP version would change the effects... Tesla sold p100d with ap1 for a short time before ap2 came out but the performance of the 2 are the same.

I don’t see why AP version would change the effects... Tesla sold p100d with ap1 for a short time before ap2 came out but the performance of the 2 are the same.
All of the P100D's that I've seen running 2019.8.x and up have the max power text show up along with the heating time and the pump noise which means it's technically "working". Now, as to whether or not power has been reduced, unless someone can show actual dyno numbers before and after, I think it's going to be difficult to prove that.

Just more of that "improved customer service" that Elon promised us. *rolls eyes*

• Funny
Reactions: AWDtsla