Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you cheat the dragy by doing a slow roll out? Graph on left appears to have a less aggressive launch. I don't think those tests are comparable. When we finally get the Tesla fix to this shambles then the proper test will be after the update versus your current data. Hopefully soon.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Or just heat your battery some other way.

Can you cheat the dragy by doing a slow roll out? Graph on left appears to have a less aggressive launch. I don't think those tests are comparable. When we finally get the Tesla fix to this shambles then the proper test will be after the update versus your current data. Hopefully soon.

Here's a slow roll out
Screenshot_20190512-100450.png

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Evee and UkrHog
43EB8378-318D-4DF3-98AB-904EB232EA10.jpeg
D9AC9012-B63C-4668-AB13-BE4078CCAC19.png
1F9A94BF-55D9-4F2F-8589-38ED8D9CBD90.png
My P100D engages the Easter egg, warms up the battery to ready and presents the readouts. Today I tested it in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times at 100%. My max kW was substantially lower (551 vs 564) than it was the last time I tested it. Also, I could not break into the 2.5s 0-60mph and 10s in the 1/4 mile (2.62s and 11.08 was the lowest). Wonder if the latest updates have limited the P100d vehicles power as well.

Last edited:
View attachment 406873 View attachment 406874 View attachment 406875 My P100D engages the Easter egg.... I could not break into the 2.5s 0-60mph and 10s in the 1/4 mile (2.62s and 11.08 was the lowest). Wonder if the latest updates have limited the P100d vehicles power as well.

That’s concerning, my P100D on old 8.1 firmware runs 10.7 1/4 mile for multiple runs at the drag strip without recharge....

How do you get those power figures, etc on the dash?

James

That’s what ludicrous plus mode actually looks like on a p100d. It’s a feature that only the p100d have...

• Helpful
Reactions: jaitch
View attachment 406873 View attachment 406874 View attachment 406875 My P100D engages the Easter egg, warms up the battery to ready and presents the readouts. Today I tested it in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times at 100%. My max kW was substantially lower (551 vs 564) than it was the last time I tested it. Also, I could not break into the 2.5s 0-60mph and 10s in the 1/4 mile (2.62s and 11.08 was the lowest). Wonder if the latest updates have limited the P100d vehicles power as well.
Youtuber “Tesla Racing Channel” seems to have issues with his P100D while running it at the track. 1/4 times unexpectedly down when he’s always run consistently. Hmmmm. You are not the only one. But Tesla will come through.....i hope!

• Love
Reactions: UkrHog
Am I the only one having problems with these drag apps? I tried to install Dragy and created a new username along with accepting all permisssion requirements (which I'm usually not a big fan of) and still all I get is "Connecting to dragy..." without end when trying to use it. I chose it based on some here talking about it but the ratings/reviews are actually pretty poor so I went with another option on the Play Store (Drag Racer) that was rated much better but had nothing but issues with it as well. I tried GPS on and off and no matter what I can't get anything that approaches accurate readings. Running a Pixel 3 XL here and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but hopefully someone here can help as I'd like to get some logs and a history to be able to refer back to for events similar to this latest Firmware b0rk.

Did you buy the Dragy hardware? (It isn't just an app.)
Ahh.... that would make perfect sense. I assumed it was "connecting" to their servers for some reason. To help avoid confusion they should say something to the affect of "Connecting to dedicated Dragy hardware display device" or something. I didn't read fully and in 2019 I assumed the app would just the phone's accelerometer & GPS or something. Not sure what I thought but I was clearly wrong. This also explains why the app that does use the phone's included sensors was so poor. I guess I'm left w/o knowing specifics of my cars acceleration other than "It sure is fun!"

View attachment 407371 Text from Service advisor after hearing about the issue. Take with a grain of salt but it looks like it’s supposed to be fixed in 2019.16.1. I’m not too optimistic about being able to rollback the firmware though.
And the response will be, "we'll get fired if we roll back the firmware".

Many of us have been given false hope from the service centers saying they can roll back only to "have their jobs threatened" by engineering if they do.

Service does not work for engineering so I’m not clear on how they could be fired.

If the Tesla policy is no downgrades, and engineering turns them in to HR for breaking the policy... I'm pretty sure engineering controls what the service people can/cannot do. (At least as far as software.)

Just like it has been reported that some service people have been fired for helping @Btr_ftw with his salvage vehicles against Tesla policies. How do you think they would have gotten turned in? Probably engineering going through logs.