Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I would love that on my P90D. I don't see it happening as it will just confirm our "low" kW levels.
Battery temp gauge would still be highly useful.
Not just for performance-oriented drivers. It would offer an explanation as to “why my Wh/mi is so high today” - the color could change to indicate whether the car Is actively heating/cooling the battery or neither is currently required.

Reactions: BrokerDon
04CC1ED5-A9B9-4C7D-9CF5-20BEE2F2A7C2.png
I just received 2019.16.2 on my P90D. I don’t have much data because I have a temp plug in my tire and didn’t want to push it too hard. I was able to confirm I do have my 1600amps back. It’s hard to read and they were short pulls, but you can see the first spike was 1600amps. Turning of max battery is 1500amps.

View attachment 411082 I just received 2019.16.2 on my P90D. I don’t have much data because I have a temp plug in my tire and didn’t want to push it too hard. I was able to confirm I do have my 1600amps back. It’s hard to read and they were short pulls, but you can see the first spike was 1600amps. Turning of max battery is 1500amps.
Man, that's awesome to hear. I'll do some full runs tonight if my cable comes in and post before and after data.

My service center pushed the update, 2019.16.2, to my vehicle today. Both Max Battery and Launch Control are back. 2016 P90DL AP1. Im glad to have the car back as it was. Thank you to the members of this forum, electrek / teslarati, and whoever it was at Tesla who fixed the issue.

Here's the comparable data using Scan My Tesla data. SOC for the first run (Before FW Update) was 90%. SOC on the second run (After FW Update) was 86%.

I might take it to the track Saturday night if the weather is good and the track is open for Test & Tune just to see if I can get into the 10's. My butt dyno tells me it will be a low 11 sec pass (11.05 or so). I think if I had new tires on and could cut a 1.5x 60', it would be a high 10 second pass. Will see. Really glad to have the car back the way it was!

FWUpdate.jpg