Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did any of you guys do the new 24 update? Any issues or battery range loss?

2019.24.4 installed on my 2015 P85D+ with 49k miles last Wednesday. No issues or range loss with this update nor any of the previous ones.

However a couple of updates ago I noticed that my Tesla wouldn't recharge automatically as often as it did before. My 90% is 223 miles and it would previously recharge when it dropped to ~ 217 miles... and now it doesn't automatically recharge until it drops to ~ 211 miles.

Maybe Tesla is extending our battery lives by recharging less often by setting the % SoC below our preset % lower. This is fine with me since I'll bet recharging less often is more efficient anyway... and I can easily manually charge my battery in the morning to my preset % during the cheapest Time of Day electrical pricing which ends at 8:00 AM.

Don, if you subscribe to Teslafi, you can solve this with a schedule. This is how I do it. I basically set the charge limit to 91% at 6am and then at 6:05am set it back to 90%. That causes the charge cycle to kick off.
upload_2019-7-30_16-12-58.png

Great tip... I'll check it out. TeslaFi's $5.00 a month charge stopped me last time I'd checked it out.
It's so worth it if you're a bit of a nerd like me. The other thing that's incredibly powerful is it's essentially data logging 24/7, so you can run trend reports to see what your overall energy usage has been and whether you're trending up or down. Can also detect battery deg etc.

• Informative
Reactions: UkrHog
TeslaFi seems to have the Tesla side analytics... but I already get VERY detailed information on my actual Tesla charging via the EV JuiceNet app and JuiceNet web portal from my (now discontinued) WattBox 200 monitoring my Tesla gen 1 HPWC on a 100A / 240V breaker (80A max. charging).

fullsizeoutput_144c.jpeg

Oh, and one positive thing is the browser performance seems to be better. In the past, teslawaze would completely lock the browser up after about 10 minutes. I used it this morning on my drive and it kept up well.

I'll use it more now and provide feedback if I see issues

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark