Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Charge Rate at Level 3 Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious to see what the max rate you've seen at third party level 3 chargers. I was recently able to get 179KW at a 350KW ElectrifyAmerica station on my 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR. This was after a good warm-up period after setting a supercharger as an end-point destination.

IMG_20220721_2111099.jpg

I'm really curious to see how the charge curve compares. Is there a way to look this up with the API or do you need a OBD adapter to do this?

Perhaps the thread in the supercharging subforum (where this discussion mostly happens) would be interesting to you?

Perhaps the thread in the supercharging subforum (where this discussion mostly happens) would be interesting to you?

Thanks! I was specifically curious about Model 3 data points but there is plenty of terrific info in there too.

This thread includes links to the source data where I derived the Model 3 ideal charging profile on a 500A CCS DCFC station.

20190706-3lr-chrg-png.427140

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and israndy
Yep, this is completely limited by the max amps the charger can provide. 350kW chargers are either 350A or 500A, 500 being the maximum for CCS1 if I am not mistaken. Because our car is 400V and the pack voltage is even lower when SOC is low, the car requests the max amps for quite a long time. As voltage raises all the way to 400V, kW raises as well, until the car starts lowering the amps it pulls because of the programmed charging curve. This is a great graphic.

Reactions: Rocky_H