Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

max charge unavailable cant charge this bad boy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
soooo this happened literally just now..

haha ill update you with what happens

I need video title ideas.. bad ideas only
sadf.png

here's what im afraid of
it will take a long time to get a replacement battery if I do need one and they'll give me an enterprise car rental

I tried scheduling a service but it's like 2 weeks out... we'll see what happens when I call tmrw but an issue like this should be dealt with asap no?

Reactions: Jones1
here's what im afraid of
it will take a long time to get a replacement battery if I do need one and they'll give me an enterprise car rental

I tried scheduling a service but it's like 2 weeks out... we'll see what happens when I call tmrw but an issue like this should be dealt with asap no?
They should at least get the diagnosis done right away so if it is a battery replacement situation they can get the new one ordered.

Keith

so called 4 service centers and no surprise nobody answered

So i called the emergency road side assistance and STILL had to wait 20 min lol

Finally the guy said that your car is undriveable so if you can drive to the service center then great and he'll let them know I'm coming. If not, I can get the car towed there.

I drove to the service center and the guy that helped me was super helpful. First he was hoping maybe its a 12v thing but after running the diagnostics he confirmed its a bad cell. He doesn't know if its a partial cell replacement or a whole pack replacement.

He then said the parts can take up 2 months to arrive however the order was put in expedited already and it should arrive by end of next week. Honestly, not sure how it went from 2 months to 1 week so I'm skeptical.

He then said that this happening to the new MY's and 3's is super rare but I can keep driving the car.

I then told him that I can't drive the car because the battery won't charge so it's like driving a gas car without being able to fill up gas. He was confused and did some tests and has no idea why the car wont charge because even if it's an HV issue, I should still be able to drive and charge at a lower rate.

Since the parts aren't coming till later he said I can either drive my car home and use it when I need to until it gets low or get an enterprise rental. The rentals' sucked. They were all trucks and SUVS so I just ended up coming home in daddy chill.

Will keep you guys updated. He told me to get a lotto ticket since it's so rare but I see alot of others on the forums with similiar issues?

Finally the guy said that your car is undriveable so if you can drive to the service center then great and he'll let them know I'm coming. If not, I can get the car towed there.

I drove to the service center and the guy that helped me was super helpful. First he was hoping maybe its a 12v thing but after running the diagnostics he confirmed its a bad cell. He doesn't know if its a partial cell replacement or a whole pack replacement.

He then said the parts can take up 2 months to arrive however the order was put in expedited already and it should arrive by end of next week. Honestly, not sure how it went from 2 months to 1 week so I'm skeptical.

He then said that this happening to the new MY's and 3's is super rare but I can keep driving the car.

I then told him that I can't drive the car because the battery won't charge so it's like driving a gas car without being able to fill up gas. He was confused and did some tests and has no idea why the car wont charge because even if it's an HV issue, I should still be able to drive and charge at a lower rate.

Since the parts aren't coming till later he said I can either drive my car home and use it when I need to until it gets low or get an enterprise rental. The rentals' sucked. They were all trucks and SUVS so I just ended up coming home in daddy chill.

Will keep you guys updated. He told me to get a lotto ticket since it's so rare but I see alot of others on the forums with similiar issues?
Good luck Bro. Thanks for the info.

Good luck! If it ends up getting whole pack replaced I guess that’s actually a good thing? It’s like getting a brand new car again.