TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Max power in KW

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Snowrider, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Snowrider

Snowrider Member

Hi,

What is the highest power (in KW) you ever registered with tools such as Powertools, Teslalog or similar?

I got a P85D (non-Ludicrous) and I've been getting usually no more than 380 KW for months now. It's pretty cold here (Switzerland), so this could explain the relatively low number.
    But the highest figure I ever managed to get was 400 KW, and it was in summer, with very good conditions.

I know that I should not expect anything close to 520 KW, but my numbers seem significantly lower than the ones I read from time to time on the forum...

2. Dennis87

Dennis87 Member

#2 Dennis87, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    350 kW (469hp) is max power on P85D after loss from battery/inverter. So around 400 kW max drawn from the battery is not to far off.

I have seen above 400 kW on my P85D a few times. But now in the winter/spring the most I see for max discharge power when logging canbus is 380 kW.

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

414 to 415KW at 90% without max battery.

Same P85D upgraded to Ludicrous 453KW at 90%.

4. Old Man Mike

Old Man Mike Member

I've updated a chart which shows max power data points collected during the past six months from members of the forum. Most of the data for the P85D is from sorka and for the P90D from me:

Max Power vs State of Charge and Temp

5. Snowrider

Snowrider Member

Great, thanks for your replies.

@sorka : 415 KW for a non-L P85D looks very good! It's about 45 additional HP compared to my own "best score".
    How can we explain such a difference?
    On ICE cars, some people are ready to pay thousands of $ to get a chip which increases the power by 45hp... (the same for us when we opt for the Ludicrous upgrade, btw :)).

6. tstafford

tstafford Member

Right - When viewed this way, the Ludicrous retrofit is a reasonable deal for those who are used to tuning performance cars with ECU upgrades and such. I think the other side of the coin is that some people view the retrofit as getting close to the level of performance they feel they were originally promised. When viewed that way, it's an annoying $5K to have to cough up. I fall in the former category - I'm happy with the upgrade and the price.

7. Bonk3rs

Bonk3rs New Member

I got a S85 and i have seen 331kw. Using the danish "linkmytesla" app. Dont know if that is an accurat readout thou.

8. sorka

sorka Active Member

Huh? Are you saying the best you've seen is 419KW on Ludicrous????

9. Snowrider

Snowrider Member

Sorry, I meant 20hp, not 45hp.
    I was just saying that the best I've seen on my P85D is 400KW, which is 15KW (or 20hp) lower than the 415KW you mentioned (before upgrade). I would expect more or less the same values between 2 P85Ds...
    I'm not jealous, just trying to understand... ;)