Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Power vs State of Charge and Temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have three data points on the new P100DL S model and have made an abbreviated graph showing just the P90DLs and P100DL:

TeslaPwr100f.jpg

Note: I added an estimated point to produce a curve that is similar to previous batteries. This point will be replaced once additional data is obtained (hopefully in a couple of days).

Very nice! For the next one could you include the P85 and P85D as well? Its a nice comparison and shows how much power was actually gained over the last years.

It was my understanding the refresh P90DL (with a v3 battery) is faster than a P90DL (with a v2 battery). The chart is showing v2/v3 on the same data line. Did I hear it wrong or read it wrong?
V3 is a little be higher but not significant compared to the difference in V1 vs V2/V3 vs P100D. The V2 vs V3 shows as little bumps in the graph line. Not worth trying to plot them separately since the lines would be hardly separated.

Hi @Old Man Mike, I owe you some data.

It's a non-Max Battery power launch that I think I screwed up as the car seemed to pause a bit before it kicked in. It's only my 3rd launch, done on a street not super safe to do it on, so I was a bit hesitant and may have blown it.

However, I promised I'd get to work for you and wanted to get you at least something before I turned her over to the customizer this morning.

If nothing else, you can tell me if is this is what you are looking for even if the launch was bad and when I get the car back I'll run through them all properly.

Unfortunately, with a 35 minute Max Battery warm-up time this morning, I just didn't have 35 minutes to wait and did this run near the customizer. I also wasn't max charged at the time, but had put about 6 miles in from the exact middle of the "daily" charge.

Finally - something seems off about the CSV itself. It doesn't open properly in Excel and auto-sort into columns with the commas. It was mailed to myself from the Tesla Power Tools app.

I put it on Dropbox since I can't attach it here without shenanigans. It's supposed to be a public link, but it still asks me to sign in on a browser that's not logged into Dropbox. o_O

I'm sure there's a better solution to getting you the data you want for your project(s) and we will do that on any night of the week when the kiddo goes to bed.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=RunLog+20160922+081546.cvs

Hi @Old Man Mike, I owe you some data.

It's a non-Max Battery power launch that I think I screwed up as the car seemed to pause a bit before it kicked in. It's only my 3rd launch, done on a street not super safe to do it on, so I was a bit hesitant and may have blown it.

However, I promised I'd get to work for you and wanted to get you at least something before I turned her over to the customizer this morning.

If nothing else, you can tell me if is this is what you are looking for even if the launch was bad and when I get the car back I'll run through them all properly.

Unfortunately, with a 35 minute Max Battery warm-up time this morning, I just didn't have 35 minutes to wait and did this run near the customizer. I also wasn't max charged at the time, but had put about 6 miles in from the exact middle of the "daily" charge.

Finally - something seems off about the CSV itself. It doesn't open properly in Excel and auto-sort into columns with the commas. It was mailed to myself from the Tesla Power Tools app.

I put it on Dropbox since I can't attach it here without shenanigans. It's supposed to be a public link, but it still asks me to sign in on a browser that's not logged into Dropbox. o_O

I'm sure there's a better solution to getting you the data you want for your project(s) and we will do that on any night of the week when the kiddo goes to bed.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=RunLog+20160922+081546.cvs

Hi Dave,

Any data would help. The dropbox link does not appear to work. I do have a dropbox account. Anyway, if you just scroll down the data file within the app, you will see where the car was at max power and what the SOC was at that time. You could just type the few max numbers and SOC in this thread.

I'm sure you will get the hang of launches. It can be a bit intimidating at first. If you get a hesitation after the launch, it usually means the tires lost traction and the anti-slip kicked in. You can see the anti-skid orange icon show up on the dash screen when this happens. If you do get the anti-skid warning, it will not be a good launch for recording data. Try to find an isolated street with good pavement and no loose gravel. Don't be surprised if you begin to feel a bit dizzy after a few launches.

Thanks

The log file doesn't seem to be on the phone anymore after emailing it to myself. I only have one, empty, log file. Here is a screenshot of the CVS I tried to Dropbox you. I'm not entirely sure how to read it. I see the SOC column, but it's 67 for everything? When I get the car back I'll do more testing.

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 10.44.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 10.44.11 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy
The log file doesn't seem to be on the phone anymore after emailing it to myself. I only have one, empty, log file. Here is a screenshot of the CVS I tried to Dropbox you. I'm not entirely sure how to read it. I see the SOC column, but it's 67 for everything? When I get the car back I'll do more testing.

David,

I sent you my dropbox info for a file transfer. Check your "Conversations" area.

Mike

Given the recent Firmware 8.0 discussion re: max battery power, I would urge those who have provided prior data points in this thread to re-test with 8.0 to see if previously posted numbers are still valid (especially P90D v2 owners).

Given the recent Firmware 8.0 discussion re: max battery power, I would urge those who have provided prior data points in this thread to re-test with 8.0 to see if previously posted numbers are still valid (especially P90D v2 owners).

Id like to see some v3 numbers as well...

I am also interested. Does anyone have a clear before/after?