Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max range for EU (NL & BE) MS LR 2020 raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got my 2020 Model s long range and I have a doubt over the displayed range when the display settings for the car is in Distance (kms) rather than in Energy %. If I move the slider all the way to the right it shows a range of 580 kms.

However as per the advertised WLTP range on Tesla site according is 610 kms. I am well aware that the real range depends on a lot of factors and this displayed range is just theoretical, but shouldn't the default range shown be 610 kms when the battery is 100%. My MS has the same battery "Type -F" that the long range plus (in US) has, which boasts 630 kms.

Not sure if it is Tesla limiting the usable % of the battery in EU or it could be because of cell imbalance, as I have never charged the battery to 100%... I mostly charge it once a week to 85% because of limited usage at the moment ?
Anyone in EU experienced this ?

Why would you compare EU model to US model?
The official range figures use different standards (EPA vs. WLTP) and are obviously going to give different ultimate numbers.
Then there is the setting for displaying "typical" vs. "ideal" range. Please check that you're actually looking at the right number.
-
JN

Last edited:
Why would you compare EU model to US model?
The official range figures use different standards (EPA vs. WLTP) and are obviously going to give different ultimate numbers.
Then there is the setting for displaying "typical" vs. "ideal" range. Please check that you're actually looking at the right number.
-
JN

I am not really comparing the US model with EU model.... I very well understand that the standards of testing are different and infact wltp is more on the lenient side. I am just trying to exclude any region based differences in the car setup (if any).
As per WLTP the quoted range is 610 kms and as per EPA the new long range+ has aprrox 630kms ( 390 miles)

As per my knowledge if I set my setting to show distance instead of energy percentage and then I move the slider to set charging to 100% , then the system shows the "ideal" range (not considering any driving habits and conditions) and this should normally match with what is advertised by Tesla.