Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Supercharger Charging Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged a few times so far on my new Y on a Super Charger. I understand the charging concepts but my question is has anyone seen more than 150kW burst at any time during your charge. I would expect it would happen below 40%. Are we limited to 150kW right now?

250 kW at 16% battery charge (Las Vegas v3 supercharger). Once you hit 40-50% it will start to go down already.

Of course most superchargers only have 150/120 as limit, also the v2 and older chargers often share the power between 2 adjacent stalls, so you might only e.g. get 60 max if that's the case.

250kW.jpg

I understand the charging concepts.

I'm not so sure about that.

If you arrived at a supercharger with 40%, I don't think you understand how to use the supercharger properly. Ideally you should arrive with about 20% or less to take advantage of the faster charge rate.

I'm guessing that you may be an apartment dweller without access to home L2 charging. In that case, the increased supercharger speeds will not benefit you very much.