Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Tire Diameter for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that posted anywhere? Thinking about ordering 265/50r19 tires for a MY Performance and can't seem to find anything posted on max tire diameter
I would say actually max 29" or like 29.1". Anything more than that will be juuuust about rubbing when the front wheels are turned 100%. I have the crossclimate 2's in size 255/45R20, and there's about half an inch of space when wheels are turned at max in the front.

Thanks. I assume it is for a stock Model Y LR or SR?

What will be max diameter on a MYP/performance model? I am trying to decide on a square set up of wheels and tires for MYP. Have seen 275 40 20 been the widest set up without any fitment issues so far

Thanks. I assume it is for a stock Model Y LR or SR?

What will be max diameter on a MYP/performance model? I am trying to decide on a square set up of wheels and tires for MYP. Have seen 275 40 20 been the widest set up without any fitment issues so far
I'd say max diameter should be no more than 29". I have 255/45r20's and they are exactly 29" diameter, with about .5" to spare before they rub when wheels are turned 100%.

Hi, I just bought Michelin x-ice snows, 255 50R19. I was looking to install them on stock Geminis. Now I’m worried it might not fit my MYLR. I’m looking for slightly more comfortable ride on my winter tires.

Does anyone know if this won’t fit?

Hi, I just bought Michelin x-ice snows, 255 50R19. I was looking to install them on stock Geminis. Now I’m worried it might not fit my MYLR. I’m looking for slightly more comfortable ride on my winter tires.

I'm running a larger overall diameter than stock at 29.3" in font and 29.9" in the rear. Your tire setup has an overall diameter of 29", so it should fit depending on the offset. If it does hit the front knuckle, just add a spacer and you're good to go.

Fits fine. My Replika wheels have same offset and thus size fit without a lift even. Now it looks even better with lift.

Attachments

• 33B4906A-AEF4-4D50-941E-AF703552EF74.jpeg
    33B4906A-AEF4-4D50-941E-AF703552EF74.jpeg
    726.7 KB · Views: 973
Reactions: PNWLeccy and HSATD
Im thinking of running a 275/40-20 as my next set. Just dont know if they will fit or throw off the Speedo and range estimate
My measurements say yes—assuming you’re talking about stock wheel offsets. I may have to settle there. But I’m REALLY wanting to do 275/45/20’s. It’s the same diameter as a 275/40-21 that I see some MYP folks running—but haven’t gotten clear answers on if that’s fitting without spacers, or what specific offsets they are running.

anyone have any visual on this? it’s appearantly the steering knuckle that is the issue, clearance inside is fine turning, etc. It’s just that knuckle.