Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxed Model 3 is 105k at the end of the day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP, I dont think its lost on anyone that most of your contributions here have been "I made a video about....."

If you want to have discussion, or help people, you dont need a video to do that. You can have discussion or make your points without a video. Posting a title and "I made a video about the answer" is not helpful, and comes across as extremely self serving.

Couple that with how extremely easy it is to "ghost" someone here, and that should be food for thought....

OP, I dont think its lost on anyone that most of your contributions here have been "I made a video about....."

If you want to have discussion, or help people, you dont need a video to do that. You can have discussion or make your points without a video. Posting a title and "I made a video about the answer" is not helpful, and comes across as extremely self serving.

Couple that with how extremely easy it is to "ghost" someone here, and that should be food for thought....

The entire reason I started making these videos is my love for the car and I enjoy it personally. Making videos about a product or service has helped me in the past when when I started researching before I bought the car. Are you saying people do not benefit at all from demonstrating costs or testing the car? Your right though on this one a click bait title is not what I intended, Was more to share the real cost with real people of what I paid for the car. But yes Ill take everything into consideration for sure , appreciate the community and wanted to help and have fun doing it, that's why there are no ads in any of the videos.

The entire reason I started making these videos is my love for the car and I enjoy it personally. Making videos about a product or service has helped me in the past when when I started researching before I bought the car. Are you saying people do not benefit at all from demonstrating costs or testing the car? Your right though on this one a click bait title is not what I intended, Was more to share the real cost with real people of what I paid for the car. But yes Ill take everything into consideration for sure , appreciate the community and wanted to help and have fun doing it, that's why there are no ads in any of the videos.

No, I am saying that viewership of that stuff should grow organically, and no hugely successful tesla "youtuber" actually comes to TMC and posts ANYTHING about ANY of their videos.

I know of one specific very successful youtuber that is an active participant here, and never (ever) mentions their site, their videos etc. They dont promote themselves at all.

I am saying that, at least making a post and then trying to use some sort of "media content" style "tease" with either the title, or NOT answering the question you posed with anything other than "I made a video about" is a quick way to get people to hit the "ignore" button since its so easy on this specific forum to ignore someone digitally. You run the very real risk that, because of the fact that you have several posts styled like the above, people are going to "hit the ignore button" and then wont see ANY of your posts, so you may miss out on actual conversation you want to have here, if there is any of that.

As far as the bolded part above, sure, people benefit from demonstrating costs... however costs can be demonstrated with a spreadsheet MUCH better than a video. Some people get value out of demonstrating features, for sure. Good videos tend to get linked back here by participants, NOT the content creators themselves. If you enjoy making the videos, make them and post them to youtube. Either they grow organically or they dont. Posting them here and saying "I made a video about", trying to drive people to your posts, is going to backfire.

Woah guys take it easy...... I have watched some of Trevor's videos before this thread and have really enjoyed them and found them informative.

If Trevor takes the time and effort to film some helpful and interesting videos on youtube about our Tesla's why not post a link to it on our Tesla forum? I am sure there are others on here that will find them interesting and helpful.

Keep up the great videos Trevor! I really enjoy them especially coming from your Canadian perspective.

No, I am saying that viewership of that stuff should grow organically, and no hugely successful tesla "youtuber" actually comes to TMC and posts ANYTHING about ANY of their videos.

I know of one specific very successful youtuber that is an active participant here, and never (ever) mentions their site, their videos etc. They dont promote themselves at all.

I am saying that, at least making a post and then trying to use some sort of "media content" style "tease" with either the title, or NOT answering the question you posed with anything other than "I made a video about" is a quick way to get people to hit the "ignore" button since its so easy on this specific forum to ignore someone digitally. You run the very real risk that, because of the fact that you have several posts styled like the above, people are going to "hit the ignore button" and then wont see ANY of your posts, so you may miss out on actual conversation you want to have here, if there is any of that.

As far as the bolded part above, sure, people benefit from demonstrating costs... however costs can be demonstrated with a spreadsheet MUCH better than a video. Some people get value out of demonstrating features, for sure. Good videos tend to get linked back here by participants, NOT the content creators themselves. If you enjoy making the videos, make them and post them to youtube. Either they grow organically or they dont. Posting them here and saying "I made a video about", trying to drive people to your posts, is going to backfire.

I actually take this point fairly seriously , The reason I posted them was because the channel is new and I figured the content would be useful to share in the related groups. There obviously needs to be balance here that I am not hitting, Ill keep away from the titles that don't paint the picture of the test or video in question and will post the results. Thanks for the constructive criticism , I can take it for what it is and adjust going forward. Want to contribute as much as I can to the community and prefer sharing media as that's the way I prefer to learn like many others.

Woah guys take it easy...... I have watched some of Trevor's videos before this thread and have really enjoyed them and found them informative.

If Trevor takes the time and effort to film some helpful and interesting videos on youtube about our Tesla's why not post a link to it on our Tesla forum? I am sure there are others on here that will find them interesting and helpful.

Keep up the great videos Trevor! I really enjoy them especially coming from your Canadian perspective.
Thanks man its appreciated! I had the same thought and intention when posting them here, seemed logical at the time.

Reactions: spacemanrick