Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxed out Tesla M3 or 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~1.5-2 years will be a painful wait ;-) The 70D is great, faster than most cars on the road, more than you really need, etc. The current MS is a great car, not perfect, and if you can live with that and not wait for the Model III or S redesign then you'll definitely enjoy it a long time...

Could work out as an ok deal if price jumps up in April to separate from Model III more. It'll be interesting to see if the Model III has supercharging included or even ideas that they could introduce a pay per use/amount model there to keep the price down at base. Most of us rarely use SCs anyway.

Will know Friday ;-). Heck may even cause a surge somewhat in Model S orders for those on the fence.

I'm just looking at it longer term I guess. a year ago I'd say jump for the 70D, but now the current 70D may end up being old news if a refresh happens soon. Not that it won't still be awesome, but I wouldn't want to make payments on something that's old. Same reason I don't upgrade my mac until they refresh the model line. I got my current iMac the night the new design and internals went on sale. Still looks and runs good 3 1/2 years later. If I'd bought a month earlier I would have been mad. Maybe if you can still buy a 70D after the refresh, but I'd rather max out a M3 in 18-24 months and make payments on that (hoping it has autopilot 2.0 by then).