Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum battery charge level reduced and charge complete?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago my battery was limited to 43%. I took the car to Tesla for evaluation and they said that I had to replace the battery. My car is a 2013 Model S. I bought it used from Tesla 5 years ago. Tesla had replaced the battery on mine under warranty in June 2021 and have only drive the car 4K miles since. The cost of the battery was to high so I took the car with the intention to sell it to Carmax. I got it appeased at Carmax and today I was getting the car ready to take it so I did a factory reset and I left it in charge when I returned a few hours later the car was charging like normal and the error was gone. I hope this story helps someone else here.
Thanks for the tip! I’m going to try the factory reset 👍🏼

My 2014 85 has been losing range since the spring. Set appointment at Dedham SC. They sent me a note saying they did remote diagnostic(doubt it) and that battery was in great shape( I knew that was BS) and then cancelled my appointment. Suggested I do a discharge/charge to balance blah blah blah.

So I Did that and lost another 45 miles.

Went to a different SC, and talked to manager told him story. Ten mins later he calls back and says battery junk, you're getting a new one.

So in 3 days it went from great, to junk.

I am convinced some of these service centers are getting so much inbound range issues that they are punting in any attempt to kick the can down the road. I'm relieved to hear that are warrantying it but it sounds like whatever I get won't last long.

Pretty shitty business model. I've got a fresher, unflattering opinion of Tesla now......

My 2014 85 has been losing range since the spring. Set appointment at Dedham SC. They sent me a note saying they did remote diagnostic(doubt it) and that battery was in great shape( I knew that was BS) and then cancelled my appointment. Suggested I do a discharge/charge to balance blah blah blah.

So I Did that and lost another 45 miles.

Went to a different SC, and talked to manager told him story. Ten mins later he calls back and says battery junk, you're getting a new one.

So in 3 days it went from great, to junk.

I am convinced some of these service centers are getting so much inbound range issues that they are punting in any attempt to kick the can down the road. I'm relieved to hear that are warrantying it but it sounds like whatever I get won't last long.

Pretty shitty business model. I've got a fresher, unflattering opinion of Tesla now......