Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Maximum Battery Charge Level Reduced" message behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry about the delay.... I learned about the Pump 2 replacement from a well respected guy who lives in Pensacola FL who I consider to be the most knowledgeable Tesla guru who never worked at Tesla. He jumped on the Tesla wave really early and owns every model including a few non-Tesla electric vehicles.

Although it was listed as a fault, he threw out this issue well before I sent him an image of the error log.

@dwbv - You are correct.

@NV Ray - The guy in Pensacola FL told me to check for the error. Tesla service center immediately said that I needed to replace the battery even after reviewing the vehicle after taking it in. :-(

@Kdewalt10 - For my vehicle, after removing the frunk lining, it was the pump found in the center of the vehicle. After cutting the power, it took less than 15 minutes to replace.

@maximizese - The same as mentioned above. The contact in Florida told me to look for the fault while in Service Mode.

To all of you who've responded and commented, I wish that one day I could put together a gathering and treat you guys. All of you are amazing and I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Thx for giving us an update.

Let me know if my repost doesn't work for you and we'll try other options.
That worked perfect, thanks!

I am a bit disappointed to find out about the BMS_u029/018 error reset has caused a fire. That is the first I have caught wind of that happening. I acquired a 2013 with this error via an auction and I've been wondering about my options. It lets me drive it fine, charge range ends up between 79 and 89 miles depending on how fast I let it charge and when it is charging (during the hot day or cool night). Cell imbalance seems fine from my perspective, but I am also coming up to speed on these. I managed to get my first EVs this year and parts for my conversion, so stay tuned for more from me.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray
See this message from Tesla
3D58C8DF-5C8C-4A99-973C-E2AD6E19833B.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: maximizese