Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum battery charge level reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tpedwards , @Mweida , @baiba.ansone

Does the message only appear when charging?

If so, what was your SoC when starting to charge?

The message appeared when I started to drive last time, not when I started to charge. After I came home and would like to charge I understood that charging does not start and the message is constantly sitting on the screen. I have arranged a trip to the service.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Similar to what I experienced except mine would only charge to 26% of 85kWh.

Message was persistent. You could dismiss, but red exclamation point was always present at top of MCU. Tap it again to see message.

Same happened to me this weekend with my P85+, 2014 (I'm living in Switzerland).
Message is persistent and I can't charge whether DC nor AC. Car responds with "Charging completed" instantaneously.
My wife will go and pay SeC a visit tomorrow... luckily it's located within bearable distance.

I understand that, but I thought they made the tach package standard before Autopilot as part of the "end of range anxiety". But now I see that that came just a little later. AP announced 10/14, end of range anxiety announced 3/15. So there was only a few months of AP cars that didn't have the tech package standard.

But even so, I didn't think it was an option to buy Autopilot but not the Tech package.
For a while, tech pkg included AP1 software.

@tpedwards, @eggy , @JV - S2013 dec , @baiba.ansone , @qphan79,

Would you mind reporting which firmware versions you all are running?

It would be very helpful to understand since one of the later releases mentions explicitly (in 2019.40.2.3 release notes!!!) that there is "new enhanced HV battery diagnostics"!
It's a lot of simultaneous failures in 48 hrs to be recorded!
It might be a 'good' thing since these failures are all likely to be replaced under warranty and would highlight that Tesla is trying to properly identify failing batteries to replace!

Last edited:

It would be very helpful to understand since one of the later releases mentions explicitly (in 2019.40.2.3 release notes!!!) that there is "new enhanced HV battery diagnostics"!
It might be a 'good' thing since these failures are all likely to be replaced under warranty and would highlight that Tesla is trying to properly identify failing batteries to replace!
Yes I have 2019.40.2.3

As mentioned before I got 2019.40.2.3 as well. FW was activated on Dec 19th. I was able to charge 6 times thereafter. On Jan 4th, while I was charging for the 7th time after FW upgrade the message appeared.