Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum battery charge level reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before dropping off my Model S to Tesla for the battery change due to the infamous "Maximum battery charge level reduced" I tool a shot of the battery sticker.

My car is a 2013/12 model and the battery is the following :

85kwh, 400vdc
1014114-00-D

Can someone confirm to me it is the original battery pack or an already changed one ?

Because I bought the car used 6 month ago with 206.000km so I don't know everything about the history of the car.

As a side question, was it normal with that pack that even coming warm with 5% remaining I never was able to maintain 90kw for more than a few minutes ? Usually it takes me 1h40min to do 5 to 90% supercharging. First hour of charging is around +230km range.

Just to know if I've been given an already dying pack from the beginning.

Thanks

Before dropping off my Model S to Tesla for the battery change due to the infamous "Maximum battery charge level reduced" I tool a shot of the battery sticker.

85kwh, 400vdc
1014114-00-D

Can someone confirm to me it is the original battery pack or an already changed one ?

Because I bought the car used 6 month ago with 206.000km so I don't know everything about the history of the car.

As a side question, was it normal with that pack that even coming warm with 5% remaining I never was able to maintain 90kw for more than a few minutes ? Usually it takes me 1h40min to do 5 to 90% supercharging. First hour of charging is around +230km range.

Thanks
If you’re getting a new one I wouldn’t worry about the old one. Just see what they give you and try going to a supercharger capable of 120kw and see if it’s something to worry about anymore. You definitely should have seen it above 100 that low but since you have owned it only 6 months it was probably already reduced from the beginning

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve

85kwh, 400vdc
1014114-00-D

Thanks
I would say replaced a 12/13 would have a rev a or b pack.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke

85kwh, 400vdc
1014114-00-D

Thanks
Your car might be getting its second pack replacement, were they installing D packs that early? Mine has a B pack and it's only a couple months older than yours and they were installing A packs at the beginning of 13.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Your car might be getting its second pack replacement, were they installing D packs that early? Mine has a B pack and it's only a couple months older than yours and they were installing A packs at the beginning of 13.

I would suspect 2nd pack has went bad. Cars that time usually had A packs with the 90kwh charge limits. 2 of our car has replaced B packs, one still has the original A pack (Sig car)

I was in the service with the car today. The battery will be replaced with a new one, under Warranty. No one told me with what kWh of battery it will be replaced. Should I be aware of this? Waiting time for a new battery is 2 weeks.
You will get the exact same new battery meaning if you have 85 KW battery, Tesla will give you another brand new 85 KW battery if its under warranty. Please feel free to clarify with the SC technicians as well. Hope this helps

You will get the exact same new battery meaning if you have 85 KW battery, Tesla will give you another brand new 85 KW battery if its under warranty. Please feel free to clarify with the SC technicians as well. Hope this helps
If by "brand new" you mean "refurbished" then yes, this is an accurate statement.

No, they will most likely get a refurbished battery, not a brand new one. And Tesla has been putting 90kWh packs in for some people in place of failed 85kWh packs depending on what is available at the time. (And they have replaced some failed 60kWh, actual not software limited, packs with 75 kWh packs.)

Reactions: tyler2323
What's your new max rated range after the new battery swap?
I just visited a Supercharger having bled my pack down to 9%. The starting charge rate was 98kW, but the outside temp was 48F and it had been in a garage with temp not much higher than that. It did rise as the battery heater kicked in and peaked at 107, but sustained at over 80kW past 50% SoC!

The new extrapolated range is 244, but I cut off Supercharging so that I could complete a 100% range charge at work timing it to complete about the same time I leave the office. I will bleed down below 90% on the way home and a fun drive that should be...

Extrapolation was pretty darn close:
0279523A-71D6-4DC5-A094-81378ADD3363.jpeg
C363FB74-7E4B-4FDE-BA2A-6E597C8A0CE7.jpeg

Hi, I just got the information from service, that batteries were changed to the following, i can pick up my car on Monday from the service:
COVER,SKI,SIDE,REAR,BATT ENCLOS(1032386-00-C) 2.0
COVER,SKI,SIDE,MID,BATT ENCLOS(1032385-00-C) 2.0
COVER,SKI,SIDE,FRONT,BATT ENCLOS(1032384-00-C) 2.0
ASSY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,REMAN,MDLS(1088815-01-D) 1.0

I have model Tesla S P85
Can someone help me to understand, is this correct?

• Helpful
Reactions: TalkingMind
Hi, I just got the information from service, that batteries were changed to the following, i can pick up my car on Monday from the service:
COVER,SKI,SIDE,REAR,BATT ENCLOS(1032386-00-C) 2.0
COVER,SKI,SIDE,MID,BATT ENCLOS(1032385-00-C) 2.0
COVER,SKI,SIDE,FRONT,BATT ENCLOS(1032384-00-C) 2.0
ASSY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,REMAN,MDLS(1088815-01-D) 1.0

I have model Tesla S P85
Can someone help me to understand, is this correct?

Looks to me a remanufactured 85kWh.