Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum battery charge level reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No problem, its a 2012 P85, 2020.4.1

Thats a great idea - let me give that a shot. Thank you

Update:

Dropped the car off Friday, got a loaner.

No update from them on what the issue is yet - my Tesla app says “waiting for parts”, so I texted the service center and they didn’t reply (this is normal, unfortunately..)

Fun detail: they didn’t clean the loaner at all. Spent some time at home clorox-ing all the crumbs and junk left on the seats / console. Also found some books and the previous’ customer’s paper work in the trunk. Paperwork had credit card number, expiry date, and CVV code... shredded it for him but really hope Tesla would be more careful / clean out the loaners before sending them off to the next

I’ll call them next week to see what’s up with the battery - they confirmed my warranty for the battery was good

Update:

No update from them on what the issue is yet - my Tesla app says “waiting for parts”, so I texted the service center and they didn’t reply (this is normal, unfortunately..)

Fun detail: they didn’t clean the loaner at all. Spent some time at home clorox-ing all the crumbs and junk left on the seats / console. Also found some books and the previous’ customer’s paper work in the trunk. Paperwork had credit card number, expiry date, and CVV code... shredded it for him but really hope Tesla would be more careful / clean out the loaners before sending them off to the next

I’ll call them next week to see what’s up with the battery - they confirmed my warranty for the battery was good

Don't know what be you're complaining about. In mean you actually got a loaner. That's just unheard of these days:rolleyes:

Hello,
Model S85, 2014, 523.000km
Latest update done last month.
This is the car's second battery. ~380.000km with it.
Got the message "Maximum battery charge level reduced" Saturday morning.
Cannot pass 40% and it charges very slow. I was 350km from home. I managed to get home Sunday evening.
Monday morning I called Tesla service center closest to me (Viena ~1000km). I am in Bucharest, Romania.
They told me that my warranty expired on the Saturday and they are investigating if I am covered for the event...
They will get back to me today. This is the service center, not tesla support.
I knew all model S85 have 8 years and this was the reason why I bought the car. Then I called the service center that serviced the car for the owner before me and they told me the car has 8 years warranty.
Even if my warranty expired somehow on Saturday, the error must be triggered the night before the morning when I noticed the error. Hope to have this event covered. I am very worried.

On the other problem, I do not believe in this coincidence. Please advice me how to contact Tesla or Tesla Europe and talk to someone to find out what happened with my 8 years warranty.
I called the number listed for my country on the site and the women there told me that in the system my car has no more warranty and cannot help me.
Do you have a contact number or e-mail where I can speak to someone, I do not find even an email address to write what happened.
Love the car and hope to be able to drive it few more years.

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
Hello,
Model S85, 2014, 523.000km
Latest update done last month.
This is the car's second battery. ~380.000km with it.
Got the message "Maximum battery charge level reduced" Saturday morning.
Cannot pass 40% and it charges very slow. I was 350km from home. I managed to get home Sunday evening.
Monday morning I called Tesla service center closest to me (Viena ~1000km). I am in Bucharest, Romania.
They told me that my warranty expired on the Saturday and they are investigating if I am covered for the event...
They will get back to me today. This is the service center, not tesla support.
I knew all model S85 have 8 years and this was the reason why I bought the car. Then I called the service center that serviced the car for the owner before me and they told me the car has 8 years warranty.
Even if my warranty expired somehow on Saturday, the error must be triggered the night before the morning when I noticed the error. Hope to have this event covered. I am very worried.

On the other problem, I do not believe in this coincidence. Please advice me how to contact Tesla or Tesla Europe and talk to someone to find out what happened with my 8 years warranty.
I called the number listed for my country on the site and the women there told me that in the system my car has no more warranty and cannot help me.
Do you have a contact number or e-mail where I can speak to someone, I do not find even an email address to write what happened.
Love the car and hope to be able to drive it few more years.

Since you have a 2014 car and battery warranty for such car is 8 year with unlimited km, i think the only way they can be right about you not having warranty anymore is if your car was previously considered totaled and written off by Tesla.

When did you bought the car and from whom?
Was the car yours when they replaced the original battery?

Good luck anyway.

Just got a phone call from Service Center Vienna.
They told me that my warranty is OK and they already ordered the battery. It will arrive in aprox 2 weeks.
Very happy. :)
Still need to confirm the rest of two years warranty on battery and DU.

I bought the car from Nederland 1 year and 50.000 km ago and everything was OK. No accident on record. Clean title.

Just got a phone call from Service Center Vienna.
They told me that my warranty is OK and they already ordered the battery. It will arrive in aprox 2 weeks.
Very happy. :)
Still need to confirm the rest of two years warranty on battery and DU.

I bought the car from Nederland 1 year and 50.000 km ago and everything was OK. No accident on record. Clean title.

Did they provide any explanation as to why they said the warranty had expired in the first place? There is no clean title 85 on the planet earth that doesn't still have a valid battery warranty since it hasn't been 8 years since the first 85 was delivered.

That's really nice of you to do that. I'd probably do the same :)

Reactions: aerodyne
Update:

Final update:

- Dropped car off last Friday (2/14)
- Picked up car today with [refurbished] battery (1088815-01-B) (2/19)

Pretty quick turn-around time. Haven't charged it to 100% yet, but showing 115mi @ ~50%...so I'm guessing 230mi @100% power

Without warranty, it would have been $15,000, for those who are curious

Did they provide any explanation as to why they said the warranty had expired in the first place? There is no clean title 85 on the planet earth that doesn't still have a valid battery warranty since it hasn't been 8 years since the first 85 was delivered.

No, they did not. I will try to find out what happened. Initial they said that it is possible an error on the system.

Any update?
YES ! So the final episode is... I'm screwed !

Tesla affirm my battery is better than my old one (no proof whatsoever I have to believe them) even so the rated range is 30km less than my previous one and the quantity of kwh I can charge in a supercharger is 5kwh less. My 'new" battery can charger 65kwh for a 5%-100% charge, before it was 70kwh/h... Which is perfectly coherent with the 25-30km range loss.

By the way I have asked them to see the technical data on which they based their conclusions that my new battery is even slightly better (I have to laugh) than the old one... They refused.

So I am now with a battery of around 67kwh usable for a Model S 85... that's a ****ing joke.
I've just lost a few thousands € on the value of my car, thank you Tesla !

Final update:

Pretty quick turn-around time. Haven't charged it to 100% yet, but showing 115mi @ ~50%...so I'm guessing 230mi @100% power

Just got a replacement with this exact same part number and mine is a total *sugar*.
Are talking about rated range ? (not nominal). Because at 50% I have 145km (90mi) so this is another clear indication my battery was ****ed up from the get go.

YES ! So the final episode is... I'm screwed !

Tesla affirm my battery is better than my old one (no proof whatsoever I have to believe them) even so the rated range is 30km less than my previous one and the quantity of kwh I can charge in a supercharger is 5kwh less. My 'new" battery can charger 65kwh for a 5%-100% charge, before it was 70kwh/h... Which is perfectly coherent with the 25-30km range loss.

By the way I have asked them to see the technical data on which they based their conclusions that my new battery is even slightly better (I have to laugh) than the old one... They refused.

So I am now with a battery of around 67kwh usable for a Model S 85... that's a ****ing joke.
I've just lost a few thousands € on the value of my car, thank you Tesla !

Oh man, that sucks!
If you have the data from the previous battery it would be "easy" to prove the "new" one is worse, so you better get a lawyer and sue Tesla demanding for a proper battery.

Update:

Finally got my car in for service today after Tesla rescheduling my appt. due to not having the pack in the shop. Looks like the new pack has been installed and the full charge range showed on my app is now 289mi.

Not sure if they put rated range or ideal range, nor the kind of pack they gave me. I'll update when I got the car back.

Attachments

• IMG_7489.jpg
    IMG_7489.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 116
Even if it is not covered through 2024, it will still be covered today. There are no Model S's that have aged out of their battery/drive train warranties - and they won't until this fall, eight years after the first deliveries.

Yes which is why opening a certified Tesla shop will be huge business soon. The inability to buy certain restricted parts etc, will make owning one a gold mine. If anyone is interested in opening one in Arizona, Las Vegas and perhaps So Cal message me. I say perhaps So Cal cause there are already enough in California in general. Arizona has a lot more now but most aren’t very good or take way too long to perform simple fixes. I’m looking to do one that also is a custom car shop. Not just for Tesla’s but definitely the priority is Tesla’s

Reactions: EstebanP212
Final update:

the warranty PDF shows they’re require to replace one with at least the same range:

upload_2020-3-2_21-17-22.jpeg

I took about 3 weeks, but the service center in Munich replaced my battery after showing this error.

I had a: 1014114 - 00 - E
Now a: 1088815 - 01 - F
Noticed a 'REMAN' on the sticker too.

It shows 377 km at 100%, my old one was degraded to 368 at 100%. So, slightly better.
Chargegate is still a thing though, same curve has the old one (below 100 kw before 20% etc.)

Seems like people in Europe get the refurbished ones and not the apparently great 350V ones.