Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum charge rate actually 45 mi/hr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Tesla’s documentation says that the Model 3 is able to charge at up to 44 miles per hour when using a Wall Connector on a 240 volt 60 amp circuit. I’ve witnessed on several occasions that my Model 3 is actually able to get up to a charge rate of 45 miles per hour. Anyone else seeing this?

Tesla’s documentation says that the Model 3 is able to charge at up to 44 miles per hour when using a Wall Connector on a 240 volt 60 amp circuit. I’ve witnessed on several occasions that my Model 3 is actually able to get up to a charge rate of 45 miles per hour. Anyone else seeing this?
Mine gets 46 miles per hour at 48 amps on occasion, usually 45 though

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf
I've found the mi/hr rating when charging to be pretty useless. You should really only care about the kW the car is charging at.
This. The mi/hr rating calculation appears to be reverse-engineered from the overall range calculation. So on a brand new battery, if you're getting a slightly higher maximum charge rate, my psychic powers tell me your 100% charge range is > 310mi (this is the case with mine- it reads 315mi at 100%). The true values for any given charge are battery SoC and kW draw, anything else is derived from "fluffy" values.