Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maximum Tires Size Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to determine what the maximum tires size anyone can confirm so far on the MYP. I just swapped over to my winter setup, but will to replace the Pirelli’s come next spring. I am running 20mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear.

I would like to run Vredestein Quatrac Pro’s.
Front:
275/40R21
Rear:
285/40R21

I believe I have seen some members post the rear size being okay, but I believe the front might be a little ambitious?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Disagree
Reactions: Golfer and You.
Solution
I run 265/40R21 on the front and would not suggest going any larger — thus I agree with your intuition that 275/40R21 is a bit “ambitious”. I can virtually guarantee significant rubbing should this size rubber be mounted on the MYP with stock Uberturbines.

With regard to the proposed size for the rear axle, you can confidently mount your proposed spec (285/40R21) without issue.

Good luck.
I did but then when I went to check out it made me enter my vehicle, and once I did it wouldn’t let me buy the non-OEM sizes. I was as surprised as you are. So was the guy on the phone actually.
That’s what I am going to do tomorrow. The website forces you to enter your vehicle and it won’t let you checkout because of different than OE specs. I will call them tomorrow to order the 265/35/21 and 295/35/21 Michelin AS as it looks like it’s the next best option. Hopefully it’s still in stocks.

Upvote 0
I am trying to determine what the maximum tires size anyone can confirm so far on the MYP. I just swapped over to my winter setup, but will to replace the Pirelli’s come next spring. I am running 20mm spacer in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear.

I would like to run Vredestein Quatrac Pro’s.
Front:
275/40R21
Rear:
285/40R21

I believe I have seen some members post the rear size being okay, but I believe the front might be a little ambitious?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
265/40/21 and 295/40/21 Is confirmed to fit with no issues. I would not go 275 in front, and i think the rears have a ton of extra room, could go up to 305 or more easily, but are limited by the rim max spec of 295.

Last edited:
Reactions: OutofPocket
Upvote 0
That’s what I am going to do tomorrow. The website forces you to enter your vehicle and it won’t let you checkout because of different than OE specs. I will call them tomorrow to order the 265/35/21 and 295/35/21 Michelin AS as it looks like it’s the next best option. Hopefully it’s still in stocks.
You can use a Porsche Macan Turbo (Yuck) for the vehicle info, if helpful.

Reactions: KenMast3rs
Upvote 0
You can use a Porsche Macan Turbo (Yuck) for the vehicle info, if helpful.
A90FC267-ED69-4B40-8649-6696B431A60C.jpeg

Upvote 0
I hate shops that offer their opinion. Its like when you have a nail in your tire and they wont repair it because the tire tread is too low. OK i will just go drive myself out with a nail in my tire instead !

Just do it, you already sign a waiver that they are not liable for *sugar* anyways when you check it in.

Reactions: Nambo
Upvote 0
265/40/21 and 295/40/21 Is confirmed to fit with no issues. I would not go 275 in front, and i think the rears have a ton of extra room, could go up to 305 or more easily, but are limited by the rim max spec of 295.
you need to check front tire wheel well clearance with the steering wheel lock to lock.
Have them mount one tire and do that check before you mount the rest.

The rear has lots of room.

Upvote 0
you need to check front tire wheel well clearance with the steering wheel lock to lock.
Have them mount one tire and do that check before you mount the rest.

The rear has lots of room.
not just wheel lock to lock but also full compression. You can do this by either jacking up one side at the shop, or driving up on a large curb after installing the tires like I did. When full compression there is ever so slight tiny rub on the back side against the fabric wheel well. This will probably correct itself after the tread wears a little.

Upvote 0