Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MaxPider 3D mats fit Model S refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the actual reason behind not changing or removing the logo? At best people don’t mind it, but still think it’s ugly. At worst, people actively don’t buy your product because it’s ugly and gaudy as the person above said.

You’re literally losing sales, why not put a different, nicer logo, or better yet no logo?
Agree with you, as I really dislike the logo. Love the mats, but won’t buy just because of the logo.

Agree with you, as I really dislike the logo. Love the mats, but won’t buy just because of the logo.
Our 3DMAXpider mats are v2.0 which includes the chrome delete badge.

Our logo, as polarizing as it may be, represents the effort we put into developing these mats. It's funny because we've been doing this since 2010 and for some reason, we started seeing all these similar-looking mats popping up on Amazon starting in 2018.

I hope that you'll give our mats a chance and then check out the others- we do care about the mats we make. A lifetime warranty is only good if the company still exists.

Our logo, as polarizing as it may be, represents the effort we put into developing these mats. It's funny because we've been doing this since 2010 and for some reason, we started seeing all these similar-looking mats popping up on Amazon starting in 2018.

I hope that you'll give our mats a chance and then check out the others- we do care about the mats we make. A lifetime warranty is only good if the company still exists.
Your logo is not your company. It represents your company but it’s not your company.

What we are hearing is that you’d rather lose customers than address their feedback because “it’s been the logo since 2010.” Companies like Apple, Google, etc have all changed their logo as they have evolved.

Here’s an interesting thing for you to consider: how many people buy your mats because of your mats, because of your logo, or choose not to because of your logo.

I’ll bet plenty of people buy your mats in spite of the logo (because they are good mats and you have a good reputation), no one is buying your mats because of the logo (no one buys a mat for the logo, they buy it for the mat), and more than you’d like don’t buy because of your logo.

Strange thing to dig your heels in on, but that’s your prerogative, of course.

• Disagree
Reactions: zoomer0056
Your logo is not your company. It represents your company but it’s not your company.

What we are hearing is that you’d rather lose customers than address their feedback because “it’s been the logo since 2010.” Companies like Apple, Google, etc have all changed their logo as they have evolved.

Here’s an interesting thing for you to consider: how many people buy your mats because of your mats, because of your logo, or choose not to because of your logo.

I’ll bet plenty of people buy your mats in spite of the logo (because they are good mats and you have a good reputation), no one is buying your mats because of the logo (no one buys a mat for the logo, they buy it for the mat), and more than you’d like don’t buy because of your logo.

I think what they are trying to say is they are trying to protect against counterfeit copies. They also want friends to see and recognize those mats then go get those exact mats (logo and all) when they get their car.

They could still have a logo (their mark of their brand recognition) that is not damaging to the mat (I.e. easily removable) and protect their brand. The owner will brag about his MaxPider mats. Even if it was black I prefer it not punch a hole through the Mat (degrading it). 3rd parties even offer a replacement black plug for them. Right now the reputation is, those are Mats you need to replace the logo on. And the owner might remind the friend that he’ll need to replace the logo too. Friend will think, I need to find those counterfeit mats without the logo or something else. 😉

Reactions: TWoodstream

Thanks - they do seem awesome, but if you are going to have a logo make it black or like Tesmanian makes their logo, where it blends in. Maybe just me, but I just do not like logos or if a mfg has to have a logo make it blend in.

There's really good points being made here- ultimately people will vote with their wallet if they don't like a particular part of the product.

I'm not against making changes to the logo personally- the de-chroming of the badge was a big change that took some time for them to wrap their heads around.

As a light-hearted reference, I've attached our very first logo that was used internationally around 2006 before we got into the US market.

Attachments

• 3D0.jpg
    3D0.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Thanks - they do seem awesome, but if you are going to have a logo make it black or like Tesmanian makes their logo, where it blends in. Maybe just me, but I just do not like logos or if a mfg has to have a logo make it blend in.
Hi, I'm attaching photos of the new badge next to the original on a kagu black mat- it is matte and imo blends in better.

Attachments

• 3D1.jpg
    3D1.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 3D2.jpg
    3D2.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: mswlogo
You mean the ones with yet a bigger logo front and center ;)

I’m curious if they have a cargo mat and if the old 2020 Cargo may will fit.
Oh no, the Elegant is different from our Elitect- the dark logos on Elegant are in the same place as the KAGU series. I grabbed a photo of an Elegant version of our Honda CR-V as a reference.

We're pretty much the only company that does 3D carpeted mats now after Nifty (Lund Internationa) got acquired by Truck Hero.

The cargo liners are M1TL0391309 (Rear upper cargo) and M1TL0401309 (Frunk cargo), and it'll take about a month or two to arrive.

Attachments

• ElegantCRV.jpg
    ElegantCRV.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 79
You mean the ones with yet a bigger logo front and center ;)

I’m curious if they have a cargo mat and if the old 2020 Cargo may will fit.
The Elegant mats are exceptional... they have a very tight, short weave synthetic finish (instead of rubber), but are water proof and can easily be cleaned off. I use them year-round in my car, and they basically look just like carpet. And the 3D logo can be snipped off from the back, leaving a tiny hole that you cannot see under the carpet.

PS - the 2020 cargo mats are not a good option for 2021+ refresh. They can be jammed in but don't follow the contour of floor and don't fit properly around the edges. The Tesmanian rear cargo mat is great.

• Informative
Reactions: TWoodstream

I didn’t go with these mats purely because of the logo. Why not put them behind the mat or the bottom?

Usually if someone likes a particular mat, they simply ask the owner what mats are those and they buy accordingly. IMO, the logo takes away from the mat and makes anyone who looks at them focus on that one particular point and not at the mat as a whole.

This is the only reason I went with Tasmanian mats. One because they were out already and 2, they are logoless

Or, can you make an option of a removable logo? It’s attached via Velcro? Just putting ideas out there

Last edited:
Reactions: Dayreg and DBV1
I didn’t go with these mats purely because of the logo. Why not put them behind the mat or the bottom?

Usually if someone likes a particular mat, they simply ask the owner what mats are those and they buy accordingly. IMO, the logo takes away from the mat and makes anyone who looks at them focus on that one particular point and not at the mat as a whole.

This is the only reason I went with Tasmanian mats. One because they were out already and 2, they are logoless

Or, can you make an option of a removable logo? It’s attached via Velcro? Just putting ideas out there
Thanks for your feedback- I don't really have much say in how the logo is displayed or the design, however I do agree that it should be easier to modify/remove.