Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MaxPider 3D mats fit Model S refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm decisions decisions. I have the original Tesla all weather mats and they suck. They rear seat and passenger mats are fine but the driver side mat doesn’t stay in place and doesn’t cover the dead pedal area. I have the rear cargo mat from Tesla and I don’t have an issue with that.

Now I’m considering getting the new style Tesla or Maxspider mats. Both look good and cover the dead pedal. Maxspider mat material looks kind of different so I’m leaning toward those.

Hmmm decisions decisions. I have the original Tesla all weather mats and they suck. They rear seat and passenger mats are fine but the driver side mat doesn’t stay in place and doesn’t cover the dead pedal area. I have the rear cargo mat from Tesla and I don’t have an issue with that.

Now I’m considering getting the new style Tesla or Maxspider mats. Both look good and cover the dead pedal. Maxspider mat material looks kind of different so I’m leaning toward those.
The driver’s one stayed in place in my case, though I also upgraded to the latest Tesla type. Are you sure the Velcro is attached?

Anyone try Tesmanian floor mats? They look very similar to OEM Tesla mats. Any differences?
I have them and like them for the most part. I would of hoped it covers the driver side carpet area more on the driver side foot area. I have all their mats and they fit perfectly and don’t really have complaints for the most part, I just wished they covered more on the driver and the rear where my kids step on the carpet to get out.

I’ve noticed my foot will rest on the right side carpet during autopilot and it’s creating a bit of wear on the carpet. See pic attached

This is the only reason why I decided to buy tuxmat for the interior floors mats since it was just released. Should get them tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 126
I have them and like them for the most part. I would of hoped it covers the driver side carpet area more on the driver side foot area. I have all their mats and they fit perfectly and don’t really have complaints for the most part, I just wished they covered more on the driver and the rear where my kids step on the carpet to get out.

I’ve noticed my foot will rest on the right side carpet during autopilot and it’s creating a bit of wear on the carpet. See pic attached

This is the only reason why I decided to buy tuxmat for the interior floors mats since it was just released. Should get them tomorrow
This is literally the reason I went with TuxMat. Have been very happy with their coverage both front and back interior. Comparison foot well shot if helpful.

20220722_154648.jpg

Reactions: Derrickd5
Anyone got pictures/review on the 3Dmaxpider frunk and trunk mat yet?
I have the trunk mat and it’s… fine I guess. I feel like they put minimal effort into it. No cutouts for the subtrunk “strap” etc, and no real verticality to the edges. It works well enough, I suppose. Tuxmats look miles better.

Attachments

• 6D0C8C37-B6C9-4211-BD16-2C8939E6D915.jpeg
    6D0C8C37-B6C9-4211-BD16-2C8939E6D915.jpeg
    891.1 KB · Views: 83
I have the trunk mat and it’s… fine I guess. I feel like they put minimal effort into it. No cutouts for the subtrunk “strap” etc, and no real verticality to the edges. It works well enough, I suppose. Tuxmats look miles better.
That looks a lot better than my OEM Tesla trunk mat. I made the mistake getting all OEM Tesla mats and feel I need to get all new stuff because what I have now isn’t great at all.

How do you like them?
Really really like them. The installation is definitely a bit different (in that there is installation required instead of just flopping them in), but once they were in with the various holds, clips, etc. they are really solid. In the interior rear it takes up the entire floor (i.e. the mat pretty much covers the entire carpet except for a few bits on the side by the seats), and the trunk and frunk ones are nice as well - there's a bend in the trunk one to allow easier access to subtrunk/side subtrunk.

I was on the fence among the updated Tesla all-weather mats, MaxPider, and TuxMat and I'm really happy with the coverage of the TuxMat. Styling is just okay, but I don't mind it and I'll trade a little for the coverage.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: paulchou
Really really like them. The installation is definitely a bit different (in that there is installation required instead of just flopping them in), but once they were in with the various holds, clips, etc. they are really solid. In the interior rear it takes up the entire floor (i.e. the mat pretty much covers the entire carpet except for a few bits on the side by the seats), and the trunk and frunk ones are nice as well - there's a bend in the trunk one to allow easier access to subtrunk/side subtrunk.

I was on the fence among the updated Tesla all-weather mats, MaxPider, and TuxMat and I'm really happy with the coverage of the TuxMat. Styling is just okay, but I don't mind it and I'll trade a little for the coverage.
Good to know. How easy is it to clean, in terms of disassembly and do dirt rinse right off?

Good to know. How easy is it to clean, in terms of disassembly and do dirt rinse right off?
I just installed a few days ago so haven't taken them out to clean yet. Seem easy enough, though. I've taken them out to re-adjust and they hold pretty well with the Velcro tabs where needed, and they came out pretty easy once the adhesive on the Velcro tabs dried.

The material seems like it would make rinsing pretty easy. Not sure how it would hold up to staining. These are my first TuxMats, and I think they'd be less easy to clean than the Tesla all weather mats, but not difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulchou
Check these out!! I’ve been waiting since last year for 3D to release the Elegant mats for 2021+ Refresh. And apparently I’ve got the first set delivered in US from their initial inventory 😀

I’ve had these on all of my Teslas. Same full coverage and waterproof material, but with a very short weave, soft fiber carpet. They can be washed and hold up very well. Best of both worlds for me (Kagu is probably better for winter climates with snow).

E8117230-F577-47CB-8454-97FF815B5E1D.jpegA2CFAF25-394E-48C1-AA8E-BECB268A5E86.jpeg

Check these out!! I’ve been waiting since last year for 3D to release the Elegant mats for 2021+ Refresh. And apparently I’ve got the first set delivered in US from their initial inventory 😀

I’ve had these on all of my Teslas. Same full coverage and waterproof material, but with a very short weave, soft fiber carpet. They can be washed and hold up very well. Best of both worlds for me (Kagu is probably better for winter climates with snow).

View attachment 847439View attachment 847440
How did you get those? I looked on their website and they aren’t available. I am not sure which ones I would have gotten if I had a choice because those look really nice. I do like just taking my mats out and spraying them off with a power washer so maybe I would have kept the all weather ones/Kagu mats.