Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxpider Trunk Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the 3dmaxpider liners recently and I found that the rear trunk liner sort of makes it difficult to put the trunk floor into the slot to load stuff into the sub trunk. Is anyone else having this issue? I am interested to know if there is a workaround or another type of liner that doesn't have this issue.

I like that the 3dmapider ones don't move around that much but I use the sub trunk a lot and this now gets in the way of getting to it.

Yeah, it makes this really tough. I regret my maxpider purchase (at least for this piece: the frunk and undertrunk pieces are very nice). I'm going to replace it with a Weathertech when they come out. I have that in my S and it makes it really easy to prop up the floor to get into the subtrunk.

There is a grove running across the top rear mat left to right, could you cut that and turn that 1 big mat into 2 smaller ones? Would that make it easier to access the rear storage area?
This would definitely make it easier to access the smaller sub-trunk area in the back, but I don't think it helps accessing the larger subtrunk. The mat will "stick" to that floor piece, and the groove where it slots is sized very closely to the thickness of the floor. Basically, I don't think it'll fit in the slot if the mat is still connected. It would be easier, but it's not an ideal solution.

I have the same concern. What trunk liner did you end up going with? I got the Tasmanian which will fold up then you lift the tab so you can access the sub trunk (doesn’t work for the other smaller sub trunk in the pack which is a PTA to access). Only issue is it doesn’t fit quite right when the seats are in recline (the liner is too long and creases as the top which you can see in the picture). Did you have the same issue with the MaxPiders?
5068323E-9050-4BEA-AEA5-9EAFAF004E8F.jpeg