Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MaxRange

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ik heb een 85D (aug 2015) en heb er ook maar maximaal 71kWh uit of in kunnen krijgen. Vermoed dat dit echt de werkelijke capaciteit is?

Zoals Kees al aangaf is er 77,5 kWh beschikbaar bij 85 batterij in nieuwstaat. 71 kWh daaruit halen betekent 8% degradatie. Ik neem aan dat je hem niet letterlijk leeg gereden hebt, dus degradatie zal waarschijnlijk iets minder zijn. Ik weet ook niet of je de 71 kWh op een enkele rit hebt gebruikt of dat de auto ook enige tijd heeft stilgestaan. Dat maakt ook uit. Wat geeft de auto aan als bereik bij 100% (of een ander percentage)?

• Helpful
Reactions: Keezje
Zoals Kees al aangaf is er 77,5 kWh beschikbaar bij 85 batterij in nieuwstaat. 71 kWh daaruit halen betekent 8% degradatie. Ik neem aan dat je hem niet letterlijk leeg gereden hebt, dus degradatie zal waarschijnlijk iets minder zijn. Ik weet ook niet of je de 71 kWh op een enkele rit hebt gebruikt of dat de auto ook enige tijd heeft stilgestaan. Dat maakt ook uit. Wat geeft de auto aan als bereik bij 100% (of een ander percentage)?

Klopt inderdaad, niet letterlijk leeg gereden. Heb net nog even gekeken naar het verbruik tijdens de laatste zomervakantie. Kwam daar een trip tegen met een verbruik van 64kWh met 12% restant SoC (begonnen met 100%). Dat zou dan betekenen dat 100% gelijk staat aan 73kWh?

Klopt inderdaad, niet letterlijk leeg gereden. Heb net nog even gekeken naar het verbruik tijdens de laatste zomervakantie. Kwam daar een trip tegen met een verbruik van 64kWh met 12% restant SoC (begonnen met 100%). Dat zou dan betekenen dat 100% gelijk staat aan 73kWh?

Hierbij een oud plaatje over de 85kwh batterij.
Screenshot_20170913-045828.jpg

Nog even meegeven dat de 100% en de zeromile protection getallen ter discussie staan.

QED! Al vaker langsgekomen: het plaatje gaat uit van een kwh aantal dat bij testen anders blijkt te zijn voor een 85 pack. Afgerond:

- er is totaal maar 81kwh beschikbaar
- minus anti brick 4kwh
- resteert bruikbaar 77kwh om te rijden.

Er is geen 'onder nul' reserve. Nul km te rijden volgens het dashboard kan echt nul zijn. Dat er vaak nog gereden kan worden na nul ligt aan de gebruikte algorithme en is niet gebaseerd op een standaard reserve. Draadjes te over voor nazoeken.

Nieuwe rijders: wees gewaarschuwd.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PaulusdB
En denk dus ook om het bericht van Olivier; als je tijdens de meetperiode 10 km drain hebt, scheelt dat ook alweer 2kWh in de meting.

Great job on this google sheet. I'm new to some of their advanced features.
Have a suggestion. Maybe add a locked 'TopUsers' tab that shows this:
Google translate :) -- >
Geweldige baan op dit google blad. Ik ben nieuw in een aantal van hun geavanceerde functies.
Heb een suggestie. Mogelijk toevoegen een vergrendeld 'TopUsers' tab dat hiermee luidt:
i.imgur.com/0trH1rM.jpg
0trH1rM.jpg

Query SQL is like this. (Note for UK I changed > 1 to > 0)

=QUERY(QUERY('Asia Pacific & Europe (excl UK)'!B4:B500,
"select B, count(B)
group by B
order by count(B) desc ",0),"select Col1, Col2 where Col2 > 1
label Col1 'A.P.&E(x_UK)_users'
, Col2 'rows_added' ",0)

Last edited:
Reactions: S-19910
Hi, @scottf200. This is @Merijn's project but I provide free technical support for a long time, therefore I should probably respond. We used to have the feature you have described on the Stats tab. It was active for a while but I noticed that some users saw that as a kind of competition and it was encouraging too many entries with close mileage. So, I added a note to the Charts tab that says a new entry every 8,000 - 12,000 km is a good idea. You need to select a username to see the message. This is not a strict rule. People can still submit new entries when they want. By the way, instead of this thread, you can also add a comment to the feedback tab. Cheers

Hi, @scottf200. This is @Merijn's project but I provide free technical support for a long time, therefore I should probably respond. We used to have the feature you have described on the Stats tab. It was active for a while but I noticed that some users saw that as a kind of competition and it was encouraging too many entries with close mileage. So, I added a note to the Charts tab that says a new entry every 8,000 - 12,000 km is a good idea. You need to select a username to see the message. This is not a strict rule. People can still submit new entries when they want. By the way, instead of this thread, you can also add a comment to the feedback tab. Cheers
Thanks. I completely understand your point. I used some of the QUERY output above to select usernames. Well done message/formula in that cell. I see jpet's as an example when I just looked at his excess data. Obviously for those that want that many data points they can copy the sheet and then just add rows to the main one with less detail (8-12K as you pointed out). Thanks again.

TLDR: It looks like temperature does affect displayed range.

Hi. @Go4IT. Thanks for your message on the feedback tab in the spreadsheet here. I wanted to respond here because other users might find this interesting too.

Hello Matteo. May I draw your attention to my 25 entries covering over 4 years/275.000km of driving. Clearly one can distinguish a yearly cycle showing a min 5% reduction of battery capacity during the winter compared to summer values. All my entries are provided based on very similar charging conditions (except for the ambient temperature which I cannot control ;-)

As you have a date for every entry, would there be any way to factor the yearly cycle effect on the graphs and the statistics?

After your message, I have looked into the data and at first, I didn't see any clear signs of monthly fluctuation. Here is the first chart I created. On the chart, the numbers at the bottom represent the months and the percentages on the left show how far off each entry is from the average user. The red line you see here is the same red line on the charts page.

There are lots of entries above the trendline and lots of entries below the trendline as well. At first, it looks like an equal split but if you look closer, in the first two months, in January and February, there are more entries below the trendline but then in months 4 to 6, there are more entries above the trendline. However, it is difficult to see.

newNSIw.gif

To see things clearer, I've created a second chart. I decided to ignore entries that are too close to the trendline. Instead, I have counted entries above the trendline if they were 1% or more above the trendline and considered them below the trendline if they were -1% or more below. In the following chart, each column represents a month.

In January, there were 11 people who were 1% or more above the trendline. -17 represents the people who were -1% or more below the trendline. The total of these two numbers is -6. The chart shows that in January, February, November, and December, there were more people below the trendline than above it.

zIRbRqX.gif

One potential issue is that many people charge to 100% at Superchargers. That means the battery would be warm if the car was just driven. Therefore those people don't need compensation for temperature. However, if the ambient temperature is cold and the car was not driven prior to charging, then we could compensate for temperature. I think we could add optional questions so that people can enter whether the car was driven or not driven prior to charging and they can enter the ambient temperature.

Another idea would be to leave out compensation on the main chart but add another chart exactly like the first chart above and add compensation here if the user has answered the optional questions. Let me think about these for a while.

By the way, @Merijn, you are still the project manager. If you want to change something or not change something, then we will do it that way. Cheers

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry if I have missed it but is it possible to draw conclusions as to which batteries fare best? I hear that 90KWh seem one of the weaker ones but I'm not sure this is supported by your sheet. Also we do know that the chemistry was at least changed once. Do we see this in a way that we could say all batteries produced after year/month do seem to be more resistant to degradation?

Hi guys, sorry if I have missed it but is it possible to draw conclusions as to which batteries fare best? I hear that 90KWh seem one of the weaker ones but I'm not sure this is supported by your sheet. Also we do know that the chemistry was at least changed once. Do we see this in a way that we could say all batteries produced after year/month do seem to be more resistant to degradation?
My gut feeling tells me that my 90D battery sucks, but the numbers tell a different story. Still 433 km of range after a 100% charge with more than 50,000 km travelled and close to 100 Supercharger visits.

Die van mij nog 423km. 55000km
Vrijdag nagevraagd in SeC: Ooit zou het algoritme gewijzigd zijn. Dit klopt niet met wat ik hier aantref.
Ik zit op die sheet om de ondergrens. Daalt de laatste tijd wel iets minder snel denk ik. Heb nu de sheet ingevuld zodat ik mijn eigen evolutie kan volgen.
Trouwens, de garantievoorwaarden vermelden niets over degradatie. Een batterij die nog 20% geeft, is eigenlijk ook niet kapot.
Ben benieuwd hoe dat zal behandeld worden. Zijn er eigenlijk al batterijen in garantie vervangen omwille van de degradatie?

Die van mij nog 423km. 55000km
Vrijdag nagevraagd in SeC: Ooit zou het algoritme gewijzigd zijn. Dit klopt niet met wat ik hier aantref.
Hmm. Ik weet vrij zeker dat het algorithme voor de 85D in dec 2015 aangepast is: opeens kwam er meer km per wh op de meter. Van 200 wh per km als standaard naar 196 wh per km, als ik mij niet vergis. Dat werd toen ook breed gedeeld op het algemene tesla forum dat ik toen nog las.

Overigens: Op die googlesheet staat dat de 85D van @Hans Noordsij van sept 2014 is: klopt dat wel? Dat zou dan de allereerste D zijn, zo’n beetje. Dacht dat Hans die een jaar later pas kocht.

Andere vraag: Heeft er iemand inmiddels (te objectiveren) informatie over het energieverbruik in Chill-mode?

Ik vind op zich de chill-modus niet heel verkeerd rijden, maar als het geen verbruikswinst oplevert dan vind ik 'standaard' veel leuker. Slechts bij passagiers met wagenziekte hoef ik dan 'chill' te zijn.

Mijn gebruik van mijn MS is echter te verschillend om nu al te kunnen zien of het al daadwerkelijk zuiniger is om in 'Chill' te rijden.

Andere vraag: Heeft er iemand inmiddels (te objectiveren) informatie over het energieverbruik in Chill-mode?

Ik vind op zich de chill-modus niet heel verkeerd rijden, maar als het geen verbruikswinst oplevert dan vind ik 'standaard' veel leuker. Slechts bij passagiers met wagenziekte hoef ik dan 'chill' te zijn.
Mijn gebruik van mijn MS is echter te verschillend om nu al te kunnen zien of het al daadwerkelijk zuiniger is om in 'Chill' te rijden.
Ik denk dat je nauwelijks een verschil te zien zult krijgen als je normaal al rustig rijdt.
Ben je een stevige rijder, dus vaak fors optrekken en weer afremmen, je Model S heeft dan een gemiddeld verbruik van rond 250 wH/km, dan ga je in Chill-mode wel 10 tot 20% minder verbruiken.