Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxton Design Canada (now also US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only had time to test fit it and although it can fit great, I am debating returning or selling it. It doesn't flow with how I mounted my front license plate and don't want to change that... which either means I am forced to remount my license plate or have to hack up the lip. Don't want to do either.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
6C425897-AE4E-4B82-811F-D21BFAD227DB.jpeg
765DBF70-32B9-4C42-B238-537646F6ECFF.jpeg
do you have a pic on how short yours is? wanted to be as close as possible. the white is pretty noticeable next to the lip. btw, seen your car on the other thread and it looks GREAT.

Looks like not as short as I initially thought. When I was fitting it was coming up short because I thought the lip had to come out further than it actually does. Here is driver and passenger side

View attachment 590684 View attachment 590685

Looks like not as short as I initially thought. When I was fitting it was coming up short because I thought the lip had to come out further than it actually does. Here is driver and passenger side
That’s not short much if at all. I had a good 20mm on each side going back and forth with it taped in the middle by myself. Maybe I need to get a second body to help align. Thanks for the pics.

That’s not short much if at all. I had a good 20mm on each side going back and forth with it taped in the middle by myself. Maybe I need to get a second body to help align. Thanks for the pics.

I would try again. Tape one side first and the adjust the other, I know exactly what you are talking about it being off. The problem is the lip is too far out from where its supposed to be.

T3slarod, can you please post a picture from underneath? I'd like to get an idea of how it's attached. Thanks.

I'll if I can get under there and take a shot. Basically I bought the push clips from Amazon that @Perscitus mentioned https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JR6TT65/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 drilled with a 5/16 drill bit and also added double sided 3M tape in between the clip holes. As far as placement you have to fit it first without mounting and then drill, its much easier that way. It would have been nice if Maxton pre-drilled the holes.

Reactions: Perscitus
I'll if I can get under there and take a shot. Basically I bought the push clips from Amazon that @Perscitus mentioned https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JR6TT65/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 drilled with a 5/16 drill bit and also added double sided 3M tape in between the clip holes. As far as placement you have to fit it first without mounting and then drill, its much easier that way. It would have been nice if Maxton pre-drilled the holes.

*EDIT* Oops - sorry, I think you were referring to their front lip and NOT rear diffuser, right?

Why not pre-drill the holes in the rear diffuser before first (obviously ensuring the holes aren't in places they shouldn't be. Then, with a helper fit the pre-drilled diffuser, drill appropriate holes in the stock undertray, and then push the clips in? I've had the diffuser for a couple weeks now along with a nice IKON CF front spoiler but just haven't gotten around to tossing them on.

*EDIT* Oops - sorry, I think you were referring to their front lip and NOT rear diffuser, right?

Why not pre-drill the holes in the rear diffuser before first (obviously ensuring the holes aren't in places they shouldn't be. Then, with a helper fit the pre-drilled diffuser, drill appropriate holes in the stock undertray, and then push the clips in? I've had the diffuser for a couple weeks now along with a nice IKON CF front spoiler but just haven't gotten around to tossing them on.

Yeah front lip not rear diffuser. That one I just drilled prior to putting it on the car.

Reactions: TypeRx
Only had time to test fit it and although it can fit great, I am debating returning or selling it. It doesn't flow with how I mounted my front license plate and don't want to change that... which either means I am forced to remount my license plate or have to hack up the lip. Don't want to do either.

hey did you want to sell it? I’m interested. I believe I am local to you!

Reactions: gyzmodo