Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maxton Design Canada (now also US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello the promised pictures front Lip and side skirts View attachment 593233 View attachment 593234

Looks great bro! Subtle yet more aggressive.

Been considering the same MD front lip and side skirts for my white Model 3, but a little weary about driving over all these steep mall entrance ramps, speed bumps, and steep hilly roads here in San Diego. I'm dropped a little over an inch already on Tsportsline springs so already dangerously close to scuffing my front bumper.

Any feedback you can give about your experiences with scuffing or hitting ur lip or side skirts? How much lower do you think the front lip is compared to stock bumper?

Lastly, any ballpark figure on cost of install from a professional shop or any recommendations of shops around the So Cal area?

Thanks!

I placed an order for the side skirts on Wednesday night. I got tracking info next day. My order is estimated to arrive Saturday. Three days shipping is pretty good to me.

I plan on wrapping it with 3M Satin Frozen Vanilla and before installing it.

Maxton V1 Lip and Side Skirts here in Textured Black on my Metallic Silver 2018 LR RWD.

Car is lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit Plus springs and sways. :cool:

Both the side skirts and lip were installed with self-tapping screws and 3M tape. FYI the side skirts sit no lower than the OEM rocker panel which has a flared end in from of the rear wheels.

NOTE: The inner lip of my side skirts was trimmed in two spots on each side to allow access for post lift arms or pucks where the factory lift spots are located.. I'll try to add a picture of the detail.

5.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: kwpnw and Perscitus
All a personal choice and a matter of individual taste (or lack thereof).

Although I am biased toward Maxton Design, I tend to agree this kit (or any piece of it) is by far the most subtle/understated, decently manufactured, relatively inexpensive, pleasing to the eye.

And this is despite selling the sideskirts and front lip new and only ever installing the diffuser ~18 months ago.

What does the bottom of the front lip look like? Does it provide smooth airflow? How does it mount? Tape on top and OEM mount points along the bottom? Can someone post pictures from underneath? Thanks!
The lip is completely smooth and free flowing besides the tapered front edge.

The lip comes with nuts and bolts which is kinda silly since you would be securing it to the OEM black skid plate / access panel and actually covering the OEM fastener locations. It would all have to come off for any front end work or service.

My lip and side skirts were installed with about a dozen self-tapping stainless screws and some 3M tape. It's solid and there really isn't anything to catch on the wind like some other designs, so I'm not at all worried about it. It also sits at least an inch higher than the cheap eBay 3-piece lip spoiler I was using, so no more occasional scraping here, even if moderately lowered on springs or coilovers.

Here's the best pictures of underneath the lip and the side skirts I had notched out for the lift spots that I can do laying on my garage floor. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 456386E5-ACF7-40E8-ACDA-2CB73F44FCD7.jpeg
    456386E5-ACF7-40E8-ACDA-2CB73F44FCD7.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 3814DD50-6243-4C13-A54A-7DD587AB1331.jpeg
    3814DD50-6243-4C13-A54A-7DD587AB1331.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 232
  • A03CEF81-21ED-4105-92B3-99340BC604C0.jpeg
    A03CEF81-21ED-4105-92B3-99340BC604C0.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 222
  • 4DD21233-518E-4041-A304-71EA8ED85131.jpeg
    4DD21233-518E-4041-A304-71EA8ED85131.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 239
The lip is completely smooth and free flowing besides the tapered front edge.

The lip comes with nuts and bolts which is kinda silly since you would be securing it to the OEM black skid plate / access panel and actually covering the OEM fastener locations. It would all have to come off for any front end work or service.

My lip and side skirts were installed with about a dozen self-tapping stainless screws and some 3M tape. It's solid and there really isn't anything to catch on the wind like some other designs, so I'm not at all worried about it. It also sits at least an inch higher than the cheap eBay 3-piece lip spoiler I was using, so no more occasional scraping here, even if moderately lowered on springs or coilovers.

Here's the best pictures of underneath the lip and the side skirts I had notched out for the lift spots that I can do laying on my garage floor. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks for the info and pictures. I am trying to decide between Maxton Design and this no-name lip from Amazon. The no-name lip sticks out more and seems to have a smooth transition for air flowing under the car.

Attachments

• lip_2.PNG
    lip_2.PNG
    420.5 KB · Views: 235
  • lip_1.PNG
    lip_1.PNG
    506.3 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Thanks for the info and pictures. I am trying to decide between Maxton Design and this no-name lip from Amazon. The no-name lip sticks out more and seems to have a smooth transition for air flowing under the car.
Have one of these coming in carbon. Going to see how it fits/looks and decide if I'll keep it. Even with that small gap worst case put a small piece of black vinyl behind it and its gone from view.

Let me know if you ended up grabbing it. Would be curious how it turned out. The turnaround on Maxton in carbon fiber is long right now. What's annoying is that Maxton and that no-name Amazon one are the only actual splitters I've found. All the others go down aggressively so you're forced to get side skirts if you want the bottom clearance to be flush from front to back.