Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 16 - Tesla Owners rally in St. Joseph, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Getting local news coverage is awesome in general, and these articles are full of great quotes from many of those in attendance. Good job everyone, of illustrating the advantages of going electric, as well as the illogical nature of this prohibitive Michigan law.

John, me and David caravanned there from Chicago Saturday morning, Sam C came on his own, and I also met a couple more Chicago owners that i didn't know before. It was a great event, felt like we 'stuck it to the man'. I gave about 5 test drives/rides to Michigan residents. I'm pretty sure all these people will eventually buy a Tesla :smile:

Awesome! I haven't let a "stranger" drive my car yet, but I've given many rides, and I agree, most of those people will eventually buy a Tesla, even if it's not until 2017. :)

I am traveling through tomorrow. I'll be sunk if the supercharger station isn't functional. Did anyone note any non-working stalls on the 16th? I'd appreciate an update. Thanks!

Over the course of the day, I charged in four different spots, and they all worked fine. The only time I noticed a degradation was when we had eight cars all charging at the same time. One of them was that of a fellow who just happened to stop by to charge, didn't know about the event we were holding. Anyway, he was only getting about 135mph charging rate, and I assume all the other cars were getting the same. But it seems highly unlikely you'll encounter seven other Teslas charging when you stop, so you should be fine.

Thanks everyone for making it. The Herald Palladium quoted an accurate 25 when they showed up. We saw another 5 by the end of the day, at least a few were completely unaware, and one fellow came with 110 miles on his brand new Model S! Day 2 was mostly the Minnesota crew hanging out in the morning to charge before heading home, but someone showed up with a Fisker Karma.
My favorite moment was when the Michigan State Police came by to talk with us. Really nice fellow. Second sentence out of his mouth was "my brother owns a Tesla." I hope he gets his wish and his "Blue Goose" is replaced with a custom Model X!

Over the course of the day, I charged in four different spots, and they all worked fine. The only time I noticed a degradation was when we had eight cars all charging at the same time. One of them was that of a fellow who just happened to stop by to charge, didn't know about the event we were holding. Anyway, he was only getting about 135mph charging rate, and I assume all the other cars were getting the same. But it seems highly unlikely you'll encounter seven other Teslas charging when you stop, so you should be fine.

I wish we did, but if so, we don't advertise very well.

The St Louis crew is coming through in a few weeks: http://www.meetup.com/Saint-Louis-Tesla-Enthusiasts/events/221082624/

I'd love to do see my fellow Chicagoans.... I know there are many in the city where I live, there are three or four distinct ones I've seen more than once, but never actually MET anyone.

We need to start a Meetup enthusiasts group, similar to what St. Louis has done. When I have some time from work i will try. If anyone else has some free time and would like to try I'm sure the group will grow very quickly very fast. There are tons of Tesla owners in the Chicago area.

We need to start a Meetup enthusiasts group, similar to what St. Louis has done. When I have some time from work i will try. If anyone else has some free time and would like to try I'm sure the group will grow very quickly very fast. There are tons of Tesla owners in the Chicago area.

My advice there is to set up a gathering for owners to hang around and talk. A restaurant with a private room or section works great, pick a night that works. For the Summer, you might even do something like a picnic; we've had a detailing shop offer to host us at their facility. From there, you can get organized and maybe have a rotating location schedule to cover the compass points of Chicago-land area, get volunteers for the State Fair exhibition, do rallies and car events (we have something called Cars & Coffee which is fun), and so on.

Since Chicago has so many owners, you will be helping out newcomers get more comfortable with their cars. Make sure your service centers know about it and provide some information for them to hand out to new owners.

Thanks for the 7/25 meet up info. I will plan to go. Possibly, we can talk about it then. Vexar has some good ideas.

Thanks for the 7/25 meet up info. I will plan to go. Possibly, we can talk about it then. Vexar has some good ideas.

I agree. A good time to discuss is during the 7/25 event. I know, for example, that the Minneapolis group does a monthly meeting for whoever wants to show up. I'm guessing they have fewer Tesla owners than we do here in Chicago and they are very active. We could brainstorm in July. See you then.

I wish we did, but if so, we don't advertise very well.

The St Louis crew is coming through in a few weeks: http://www.meetup.com/Saint-Louis-Tesla-Enthusiasts/events/221082624/

I'd love to do see my fellow Chicagoans.... I know there are many in the city where I live, there are three or four distinct ones I've seen more than once, but never actually MET anyone.

Here are the full details for the July 25th event. We have it posted under the Events section here on TMC. You don't have to sign up for the Meet up group. Just fill out the registration form and remit payment to save your seat at dinner.

Liz

DETAILS::

Dinner

6:30 pm Guests start arriving

7:00 pm Dinner

Dinner will be buffet style menu

Cost: $38/person, paid in advance, and includes dinner, dessert, non-alcoholic drinks, tax and tip. Payment due: July 15, 2015 fully refundable up to July 16th.

To Reserve a seat: please complete this registration form
and remit payment to liz(at)stltesla.org via PayPal (please use a person to person transfer)

Drive up Lake Shore Dr

~ 4:00 pm St. Louis owners arrive at Country Club SC 4201 167th St. Country Club Hills, IL 60478

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Meet and Greet. Other drivers arrive.

5:00 pm Drive up Lake Shore Dr with photo stops along the way (map will be provided)

~ 6:30 pm Arrive at Moxee Restaurant and Mad Mouse Brewery

For further details check out: MidWest Tesla Gathering/