Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 1st order... est Dec/Jan Delivery WTF!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7:52 AM May 1st Order- ~2xx
(Yes I added a tow-bar)

But I've just got a text stating that I should expect delivery in December/January

Not sure what I'm feeling... shock, anger, horror, anguish...

Spoke to Stockport on Friday and they said they'd add it to their escalations list and somebody would look first thing this week... I was hoping to get a delivery date - not yet another CUR_DATE+1m to CUR_DATE+2m

Not sure what I should do - I can't go on like this

Attachments

• IMG_9047.png
    IMG_9047.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 77
So, so, so annoyed.

I spoke to them on Friday, and it sounded positive.

I should have bought the inventory car last night that I saw which was:
Model 3 | LR AWD | MSM | White Interior | 19" | Tow-Hitch | FSD

And then argued them down on price to match mine. But I didn't. And now all the inventory stock has gone.

You willing to compromise on the white interior?

I really don't want to compromise on a £55k car I'm planning on keeping for 6 years.

So, so, so annoyed.

I spoke to them on Friday, and it sounded positive.

I should have bought the inventory car last night that I saw which was:
Model 3 | LR AWD | MSM | White Interior | 19" | Tow-Hitch | FSD

And then argued them down on price to match mine. But I didn't. And now all the inventory stock has gone.

I really don't want to compromise on a £55k car I'm planning on keeping for 6 years.
Those inventory cars weren't ever for sale apparently. I ordered one last night only for Tesla to cancel the order this morning telling me it was a glitch on the site.

• Helpful
Reactions: pmg102
I agree it is a complete farce.
I have a early May order too (SR+ MSM white interior and 19” wheels).

I rang Tesla last week and they got my hopes up by telling me that I was a priority and that a boat was coming last week. They told me to look out for a text and if I hadn’t received anything to phone back today.

No text. Rang today, and lo and behold they can tell me when a car may become available! An absolute joke.

I actually reserved with a 1K deposit years and years ago. (On the day of Elons big unveil if the car). No idea why I bothered... waste of time

Not happy. I don’t want to change the spec of the car. I want the spec I ordered with the 19” wheels

my current car is on it’s very last legs and there is only so long I can extend its current life.

I got that as well (twice). What I think is happening is that there are some less popular combinations that they have on the way with no orders so they would like people to switch to take those in place of more popular combinations. The only way to get anyone to do that is to give them an incentive. They don't want to offer a discount so the only option is to say you will get it sooner if you take one. To maximise that incentive they need to make you think it will be a long wait if you don't. Pretty standard sales technique crudely executed.
I have no idea if any of what I just said is correct but it makes sense to me.
Delivery in December /January actually suits me so I was like bring it on!