Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2021 UK car sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
Referral Code
The SMMT have released the May stats.
I was disappointed to note that in May more diesels were registered than BEV's. No doubt these were the clean diesels but nevertheless....
What was heartening to see was that the best selling car in May, the VW Golf sold just 4181, a figure that I'm pretty confident will be well and truly trumped by the
Model 3 in June.

Last edited by a moderator:
another story this week about how the Mach E was beating the M3 in sales in Norway in April.
I am so sick of this . I am no fan boy but everyone knows all Tesla's European sales are in month 3 of a quarter so comparing in any shorter period is meaningless. Unless you are just looking for click bate headlines...... sigh rant over

another story this week about how the Mach E was beating the M3 in sales in Norway in April.
I am so sick of this . I am no fan boy but everyone knows all Tesla's European sales are in month 3 of a quarter so comparing in any shorter period is meaningless. Unless you are just looking for click bate headlines...... sigh rant over
I'm equally sick of it everytime Tesla have 1 good month and the fanboys (not saying you) point to it and say Tesla have the whole market

Shame SMMT still do not identify Tesla sales as a brand, all lumped in with "other imports"... I guess this will mainly be Tesla?
Don't necessarily blame SMMT. Tesla won't sign up to them as the industry body or use the SMMT systems for registering cars with DVLA. Tesla used to, may still do, fill the forms in by hand rather than electronically and we used to end up with cars classsed as limos and all sorts of rare types.

But I guess you're right and it is mainly Tesla plus any other small volume importer that prefers to do things by hand.

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan