Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
Noticed there was a thread for April and June '22 but not for poor May.
I've got all my info in my sig, but main thing is that I ordered 2022/05 and got an initial EDD Nov-Feb, then got a number of changes.
Now staring down on Jan-Apr next year, so almost 11 months from order to delivery, but also hoping that as Austin starts to ramp up we will see that date get closer.
Seems like white seats and not being an MYP is slowing me down.

Reactions: smallindiana
My OD was 5/28/2022 and the initial EDD was also Nov-Feb. It moved a number of times and the latest date showing on the app is July 5-19. I've heard of dates moving all over the place so I'm trying not to get too excited, but I am in Austin so maybe they are bumping some of us up??? I ordered a MYLR. I'll keep this thread posted.

Model Y LR, 5 Seats, FSD, Blue Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow Hitch.
Ordered May 5, 2022.

Initial EDD: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.
Second EDD: Nov 4, 2022 - Dec 30, 2022. This has been the only EDD change.

'Hoping to get delivery from Austin instead of Fremont because I'm in Florida. 'Received text from Tesla a couple of weeks ago asking if I wanted to switch from LR to Standard Range 4680; decided to pass because I prefer the longer range.

Model Y LR, 5 Seats, FSD, Blue Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow Hitch.
Ordered May 5, 2022.

Initial EDD: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.
Second EDD: Nov 4, 2022 - Dec 30, 2022. This has been the only EDD change.

'Hoping to get delivery from Austin instead of Fremont because I'm in Florida. 'Received text from Tesla a couple of weeks ago asking if I wanted to switch from LR to Standard Range 4680; decided to pass because I prefer the longer range.
Third EDD on July 11: December 20 - February 14.

wow, that's quite a way out, I wonder why?
All "no option" orders from Mar, Apr, May got set to that crazy date range back around June 6th (although May orders may have had that from the beginning). I really thought it would get reset back to something more realistic but it still hasn't.
I gave up and changed my color to Blue last week. My EDD jumped from that ridiculous Mar-Jun'23 to Nov12-Jan7. And mine was a early March order.

Its because its probably realistic. I have been waiting 9 months so far and still EDD is next month maybe?
doubtful
as @arbitrage000 mentioned, there seems to be a correlation between what you order and your delivery date. No options means long delivery date.
@Forest88 ordered over two weeks before me but got an EDD three months later than mine - but I ordered options.
When did you order yours? This thread was to try help those folks who ordered in May 2022.

Thanks for starting the thread OP! NJ order here:
MYLR 5/black/black/induction/no tow/no fsd
OD: 5/19/22, completed profile early July
Initial EDD: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023
6/21 EDD: Dec 22 to Feb 16
6/27 EDD: Jan 2023 to Apr 2023
6/29 EDD: Nov 17 to Jan 12

Realllly trying not to upgrade to MYP for quicker delivery out of sheer principle, but my car died recently so let’s see how I feel in the coming months 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcaj