Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine scheduled for delivery on Nov. 22 is labeled as a 2023 model. (From Fremont factory.)
I had leased the Model Y LR with a lease-end date of Dec. 3, 2022. I would have been willing to buy out or extend the lease, but that is not currently permitted. Seeing the order lead times, I ordered a new identical car (except it now has a heated steering wheel! :)) on May 1st. Lots of shifting EDD's, but finally I got notice that the car would be here on Nov. 22. I was stressed out a bit about the lease--I didn't want a period where I either had 2 cars or 0 cars! I submitted a request to end the lease a week and a half early, and it was accepted without any penalty. Asked if I could drop off the lease on Nov. 22 and that was also arranged. So yesterday I went in, turned in my leased car, and picked up the new purchase, same day, with only time for lunch in between. The crew at Tesla even swapped the license plates for me. Turned out my stress was for naught. The process was very smooth and everyone at Mt. Kisco Tesla was super friendly and helpful. Happy ending!

I had leased the Model Y LR with a lease-end date of Dec. 3, 2022. I would have been willing to buy out or extend the lease, but that is not currently permitted. Seeing the order lead times, I ordered a new identical car (except it now has a heated steering wheel! :)) on May 1st. Lots of shifting EDD's, but finally I got notice that the car would be here on Nov. 22. I was stressed out a bit about the lease--I didn't want a period where I either had 2 cars or 0 cars! I submitted a request to end the lease a week and a half early, and it was accepted without any penalty. Asked if I could drop off the lease on Nov. 22 and that was also arranged. So yesterday I went in, turned in my leased car, and picked up the new purchase, same day, with only time for lunch in between. The crew at Tesla even swapped the license plates for me. Turned out my stress was for naught. The process was very smooth and everyone at Mt. Kisco Tesla was super friendly and helpful. Happy ending!
How is the suspension/ride quality compared to your previous one? What month/year was your previous one? Heated steering wheel is sure nice and heats quickly and hot.

Given Tesla’s inability to accurately predict when they delivery a car, it’s a bit of a gamble. I applied for my loans when I got to within a week of my EDD. My EDD did move out a bit such that the end of it would have just fallen outside the 30 days of the loan approval, but I got my VIN well within the timeframe and secured the loan and the wire transfer within a couple of days. I’m still waiting for a notice to schedule delivery. SA said the estimated arrival of the vehicle is today.

How is the suspension/ride quality compared to your previous one? What month/year was your previous one? Heated steering wheel is sure nice and heats quickly and hot.
My previous Model Y was a November 2020 build, labeled as a 2021 model. I haven't driven the new one much yet, but at least one passenger says the suspension feels "less sporty." She thinks it's better.

As a side note, the sticker says the date of manufacture was November 20, 2022 (Fremont, CA), and I was given a choice of pickup dates in NY on Nov. 21 or 22. The transportation method was truck. That truck driver must have really highballed it across the country! 😨