Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just says Dec 2022. No dates. Has anyone had similar EDD?
I've seen a lot of people report that over the past few weeks. I think it is a placeholder date until the system recalculates more specific dates. Similar to the June 6th event when most orders went to generic month ranges. I would guess more specific dates will show up come October once the EOQ rush is over.

Reactions: E-Bunny
I ordered a second Model Y LR in Blue with a white interior and 19” tires. I ordered it in May 2022 with a posted delivery date of December 02, 2022 to January 13th, 2023. It will be a gift to my husband for his January Birthday.

Hopefully he can push his birthday range to Feb-March instead, when we all inevitably get moved back due to the tax credit. Some people from Nov 2021 are just now getting their LR!!

Model Y LR, 5 Seats, FSD, Blue Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow Hitch.
Ordered May 5, 2022.

Initial EDD: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023.
Second EDD: Nov 4, 2022 - Dec 30, 2022.
Third EDD on July 11: December 20 - February 14.
Fourth EDD on August 8: November 21 - January 2.
Fifth EDD on August 31: November 5 - December 17.
Sixth EDD on September 29: November 16 - December 21.

Best guesses:
  1. Many owners will prefer to take delivery after January 1st to take the tax credit.
  2. Because of this, estimated delivery dates will be more volatile than usual after Thanksgiving due to last-minute decisions by many owners to defer delivery. Owners who do want to take delivery soon will likely find themselves suddenly moved up in the queue.
  3. Such churning will probably make estimated delivery dates more volatile than usual at year-end.
  4. Waiting at least another month may be beneficial to get the latest new Model Y features such as the new cargo shelf, etc.
  5. 'Still hoping for an Austin-built car. Delivery to Tampa should help this happen.

Reactions: richbking
In the last 2 weeks, here‘s my EDD:
05 Nov -10 Dec
21 Nov - 02 Jan
08 Oct-19 Oct

Red/Black
MYLR
No FSD
Trailer Hitch
20” Induction Wheels

While pleasantly surprised, I’ll keep on driving my M3 until it actually shows up.
On September 29th, my window changed to 29Sep to 06Oct. So, I start scrambling. Then I get a message from Tesla that I can schedule my pick-up. The only window they gave is on September 30th — exactly when Hurricane Ian is to make its appearance in Charlotte (and the rest of NC). So after massive scrambling to do the trade-in and get certified funds, I show up at the dealership in a torrential downpour.

I get soaked, the SA gets soaked, the car looks fine — or as fine it can look in the midst of a tropical storm. I accept delivery and tell the SA that I will be going over it with a fine-tune comb once I get it into my garage. The only issue that I’ve found is that the two front doors are much too hard to close, so I’ve scheduled service for that.

They let me keep my mobile charger from my Model 3, and there was a J1772 adapter rolling around in the back of the Y.

So, a good experience so far.

We were extremely lucky in Charlotte that Ian did not come directly our way. (I was here in 1989 when Hugo did and was not looking forward to a repeat.) I hope everyone on this forum came out of the storm okay.

Mine is an Austin Model Y Long-Range. Build-date = 19 September. No matrix headlights. It did come with the tonneau cover in the back. The handover in the app went flawlessly. Both my delivery experiences have been excellent.