Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May 23 order date, non-P AWD. This morning my edit button disappeared and I was prompted to submit a credit application for financing.

Still no delivery estimate showing up - just the standard "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."
Owner?

My edit button is still here and no change, but ill keep you guys up to date if anything happens. Feel like today is the day.

Online Oct 2016 reservation, June 27th Order, AWD non-P, Pearl White multi-coat, Non-owner

Looks like the ones we've seen so far are from the east coast. MA here so hopefully I'm not that behind. :-/

My edit button is still here and no change, but ill keep you guys up to date if anything happens. Feel like today is the day.

Online Oct 2016 reservation, June 27th Order, AWD non-P, Pearl White multi-coat, Non-owner
Looks like the ones we've seen so far are from the east coast. MA here so hopefully I'm not that behind. :-/
Hold your horses... It's May orders in this thread, they are 3/31/2016 reservers and, supposedly, the line should be in reservation date/order date order...so, you shouldn't be looking at July for your delivery

May 23 order date, non-P AWD. This morning my edit button disappeared and I was prompted to submit a credit application for financing.

Still no delivery estimate showing up - just the standard "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

If your edit button is gone now as of this morning and you were prompted for the credit application I'd say you're in good shape. This is big news and gives me some comfort that things for AWD are now moving. I have had no changes since the date that I ordered, the lack of real information from Tesla is a little frustrating but oh well, it is what it is. I want this car, I've waited for over 2 years so a little longer isn't going to kill me.

If prior experience says anything expect a call from an ISA in 2-3 days. My money's on Friday.

I'm in the same boat as many of you. 5/23 order for a non-P AWD, current owner, no indication of delivery time frame since I placed the order.

One question: Have you all signed the purchase agreement doc? It reads as though they'd want you to sign it upon placing the order, but there are no instructions on how they'd like that done. It can't be "signed" through the web site, as far as I can tell.

Hold your horses... It's May orders in this thread, they are 3/31/2016 reservers and, supposedly, the line should be in reservation date/order date order...so, you shouldn't be looking at July for your delivery

I reserved 12/2016, owner, I was probably the first person who configured 6/26 before flood gates opened. I'm in Utah, and I doubt there are a whole lot of Performance 3s being ordered around here, so I'm hoping if there is any region consideration I might get in early. ordering AWD P + P Package... no changes to my page yet but I'm still holding out hope for early august. And in my absolute best case scenario late July.

I think if Tesla really is cranking out 5000+ M3s a week, any performance order is going to happen fairly quickly. I bet they are starting with the first east coast orders because it takes longer to get them there; then they will move in slowly towards CA, then the first P cars will get delivered across the country close to the same time. They may still be finalizing some regulatory stuff / etc... so they are hoping to finalize that as the cars ship to the east coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: webdbbt
I'm in the same boat as many of you. 5/23 order for a non-P AWD, current owner, no indication of delivery time frame since I placed the order.

One question: Have you all signed the purchase agreement doc? It reads as though they'd want you to sign it upon placing the order, but there are no instructions on how they'd like that done. It can't be "signed" through the web site, as far as I can tell.

i didn't sign the purchase agreement document and I didn't see a place to upload it and had no request to return it. I read that others haven't signed it and didn't need to, that by placing the order electronically you've basically signed it electronically. I could be wrong but this is what I have read.

I reserved 12/2016, owner, I was probably the first person who configured 6/26 before flood gates opened. I'm in Utah, and I doubt there are a whole lot of Performance 3s being ordered around here, so I'm hoping if there is any region consideration I might get in early. ordering AWD P + P Package... no changes to my page yet but I'm still holding out hope for early august. And in my absolute best case scenario late July.

I think if Tesla really is cranking out 5000+ M3s a week, any performance order is going to happen fairly quickly.
Realistically speaking, first 2 days were over half of all reservations, that is prior to rumored 23% cancelation rate, so a lot of people are in front of you(12/2016)...Also, May orders are in front of 6/26 orders.
We also have couple of reasons to think AWDs will be produced concurrently with Ps:
- lot sorting for the motors, seems to make sense to do the sorting as you go, not pile up thousands of motors upfront based on testing...
- reports in this thread of Edit button disappearing for AWD, not P.
So, P may not give you the absolute priority. And as far as region - maybe RWD line is exhausted in Utah, but they haven't scratched the surface of AWDs yet, so I don't think you should consider yourself to be in the front of the line.

Last edited:
Not a May order, or even June (ability to configure P/AWD was June 26), and I have not had an edit button since all items in my delivery profile were completed. Estimated delivery has been Aug. '18 - Oct. '18 since I placed the order. I'm obviously hopeful that that I get my car in August, but will adjust my expectations and assume it's going to be closer to October. Once the May and June deliveries start, I'll readjust my expectations accordingly.

Not a May order, or even June (ability to configure P/AWD was June 26), and I have not had an edit button since all items in my delivery profile were completed. Estimated delivery has been Aug. '18 - Oct. '18 since I placed the order. I'm obviously hopeful that that I get my car in August, but will adjust my expectations and assume it's going to be closer to October. Once the May and June deliveries start, I'll readjust my expectations accordingly.

If you switch your trade-in option to "yes", does the edit button reappear? If not, then you're likely close. There's a weird idiosyncrasy with the site that makes the edit button disappear if all checkboxes are green, but if any of them are not done, it comes back. Are you an owner?

• Helpful
Reactions: autospy
If you switch your trade-in option to "yes", does the edit button reappear? If not, then you're likely close. There's a weird idiosyncrasy with the site that makes the edit button disappear if all checkboxes are green, but if any of them are not done, it comes back. Are you an owner?

Hmmm. Dare I try this and risk something happening somewhere to whatever it is that may push my order out??? :p

EDIT: I tested this out, and yes, the edit button has appeared. Although my delivery window didn't change, I probably just lost my "place" in line... lol

Non-owner, unless you count a Powerwall...

Last edited:
Hmmm. Dare I try this and risk something happening somewhere to whatever it is that may push my order out??? :p

I'm fairly certain it doesn't do anything like that. I've been doing going back and forth with it since I placed my order on 6/27 and it hasn't changed my delivery window or anything (Sep-Nov). As long as you're not modifying the car itself I think you should be good.

i didn't sign the purchase agreement document and I didn't see a place to upload it and had no request to return it. I read that others haven't signed it and didn't need to, that by placing the order electronically you've basically signed it electronically. I could be wrong but this is what I have read.

There is nothing to do regarding signing the forms until the ISA contacts you and sends you a link to digitally sign. Afterward, they will send you a copy of the completed documents electronically and they will also appear on your account.

Is the credit application emailed, or a link ?