Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe I should have handled this ICEing situation differently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday I went to the urban supercharger in Buena Park, CA which is inside a public parking garage. They were fairly busy and I saw a spot available and the adjacent spot ICEd. Not only was the spot ICEd but they happened to be well into the spot that was open and that I would pull into.
CB7D5DA6-029E-4093-9E0E-E4762E56A912.jpeg

I needed to charge so I pulled in to the open spot and since the other car was backed in it and stepping over into my spot it would be pretty difficult for the driver of the ICE car to get in once he came back. Deep down inside though, I knew this person had something against Tesla drivers because it was clear, from the charge cord inserted into his gas tank, that they were out to troll someone.

Sure enough I took the bait and figured if the driver of the offending vehicle arrived and couldn’t get into his car because of his own jackassery then I would confront him. I started charging and sat in my car and sure enough when the driver came back he made eye contact with me and made a mocking “sorry” gesture when signaling that he wasn’t able to get into his car to leave. His girlfriend or whomever was with him quickly got in the car and figured she didn’t want to be part of this embarrassment. I then got off my car to confront him and told him that he shouldn’t park here in the first place. He then proceeded to yell at me that he could park wherever he wanted. Then I pointed out the dozens of empty spots on the exact same floor maybe about 75 feet away and asked why he chose this one considering dozens of empty and available spots were probably even closer to the pedestrian exit. Knowing he was being called out for his “trolling” he started to smirk and kept pointing at me to move my car. I told him I had 10 minutes to finish charging and he could just wait. His smirk disappeared and he started to look angry. My sister, who was waiting in the passenger seat of my car whispered to me that I should just let it go.

After a second I realized maybe, for my own safety, I should let it go. I got off the car but in a rather sarcastic tone, I walked over to remove my charging cable and apologized for inconveniencing him and told him that I would move my car so he could get into his. I think after hearing my sarcastic tone and seeing me about to pull his bluff and going over to unplug my car he had a change of heart. He decided he would get in through the passenger door and then gave me a genuine sounding apology and left.

After thinking back I kind of regret doing that being that life has little value now a days and a confrontation can easily turn into road rage and get someone killed.

I’m still curious to see what you all would have done to what was clearly a troll.

• Funny
Reactions: VT_EE and P85_DA
If he keeps ICEing charging locations he's going to have a bad time. Not everyone will be so quick to avoid confrontation. I thought you handled it well enough. Wouldn't there be some hazard in sticking a charging connector in to a gas tank nozzle? Lame move, could be worse than mere trolling.

Imagine if EV drivers did this at gas stations. Somehow I don't think ICE car owners would find it funny.

Stickers, very cheap ones that leave behind plenty of residue when removed can change minds... or start fights!

Something proclaiming what nICE privileged aHOLES they are for their actions. Placed on a windscreen or drivers side window should get their attention.

Be sure to preserve a recording from sentry/dash cam to share with the world as they try to remove it. It's a non-harmful inconvenience for the inconvenience they've so graciously provided.

Note: before attempting, be sure you're willing to back it up should they be confrontational.

Reactions: 1100MCM and P85_DA
So yesterday I went to the urban supercharger in Buena Park, CA which is inside a public parking garage. They were fairly busy and I saw a spot available and the adjacent spot ICEd. Not only was the spot ICEd but they happened to be well into the spot that was open and that I would pull into. View attachment 590802

I needed to charge so I pulled in to the open spot and since the other car was backed in it and stepping over into my spot it would be pretty difficult for the driver of the ICE car to get in once he came back. Deep down inside though, I knew this person had something against Tesla drivers because it was clear, from the charge cord inserted into his gas tank, that they were out to troll someone.

Sure enough I took the bait and figured if the driver of the offending vehicle arrived and couldn’t get into his car because of his own jackassery then I would confront him. I started charging and sat in my car and sure enough when the driver came back he made eye contact with me and made a mocking “sorry” gesture when signaling that he wasn’t able to get into his car to leave. His girlfriend or whomever was with him quickly got in the car and figured she didn’t want to be part of this embarrassment. I then got off my car to confront him and told him that he shouldn’t park here in the first place. He then proceeded to yell at me that he could park wherever he wanted. Then I pointed out the dozens of empty spots on the exact same floor maybe about 75 feet away and asked why he chose this one considering dozens of empty and available spots were probably even closer to the pedestrian exit. Knowing he was being called out for his “trolling” he started to smirk and kept pointing at me to move my car. I told him I had 10 minutes to finish charging and he could just wait. His smirk disappeared and he started to look angry. My sister, who was waiting in the passenger seat of my car whispered to me that I should just let it go.

After a second I realized maybe, for my own safety, I should let it go. I got off the car but in a rather sarcastic tone, I walked over to remove my charging cable and apologized for inconveniencing him and told him that I would move my car so he could get into his. I think after hearing my sarcastic tone and seeing me about to pull his bluff and going over to unplug my car he had a change of heart. He decided he would get in through the passenger door and then gave me a genuine sounding apology and left.

After thinking back I kind of regret doing that being that life has little value now a days and a confrontation can easily turn into road rage and get someone killed.

I’m still curious to see what you all would have done to what was clearly a troll.
Basically, all of this goes away once cyber truck comes along. 'Hey, could you move this arse outta my spot bud' sound of CT draging ICE into middle of road.