Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maybe I'll get Lucky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I placed an order for my Model S on Feb 26, and as others have seen, currently production/delivery is scheduled for June. I have on occasion seen people get "fast tracked" and after this morning I hope I could be so lucky haha.

Today I was driving my mercedes, the car I was going to trade in for the tesla, and was stopped at my subdivision waiting for oncoming traffic so I could turn left. (This is a 55mph zone by the way, out in the country) I saw at the last second in my rear view a car coming that was going to hit me from the back. She must have not been looking at the road or paying attention, and she hit me full speed never hit her brakes that I could tell. This then sent me into the oncoming traffic and a pickup truck instantly hit me from the front also at full speed.

After all was said and done, I walked away - some bruises and sore, but amazingly walked away. And now, I'm without a car lol. I told my OA what happened and he said he'd keep his eyes open for any cars that were similarly configured to mine. I don't know if I'd want a different color (ordered the blue) but I definitely want the two options (premium/AP). We will see what happens I guess. I'm lucky to have walked away and that's what mattered today.

Of course, what would this thread be without pics.

d4mSwLc.jpg

03rAQ3h.jpg

RRXvYQn.jpg

Reactions: DC Autocraft
Today I was driving my mercedes, the car I was going to trade in for the tesla, and was stopped at my subdivision waiting for oncoming traffic so I could turn left.

First off... I’m glad to hear you’re (relatively) ok. Shaken I’m sure, but looks like the MB did it’s job.
Your post is eerily timely. I’m trading in my Black C300 next week as well and was driving carefully this morning and thinking to myself: “I hope some idiot doesn’t side swipe me today. That’s the last thing I need.” :/

Again, glad to hear you’re ok and hope the OA can find you something quickly.

Glad to hear you are okay, this seems like a nasty accident to be in :(

For the 6 weeks that I had between putting down my deposit for the CPO and till I actually traded my car in for her, it was a constant feeling of please please don't drive into me all around and trying to avoid doing stupid things but at least you'r car is probably totaled so it should make things somewhat easier

Reactions: f3honda4me
Glad to hear you are okay, this seems like a nasty accident to be in :(

For the 6 weeks that I had between putting down my deposit for the CPO and till I actually traded my car in for her, it was a constant feeling of please please don't drive into me all around and trying to avoid doing stupid things but at least you'r car is probably totaled so it should make things somewhat easier
Yea it’s probably the only good thing to come of it.

well on the good news, since your ok, i can say you will probably get more now from that lady's insurance company, on your down payment then you would of trading the car in.

But again, wow, she really pummeled you from behind, and then you smashed up front.

Was the pickup and the lady ok?

And yeah that car is totaled, it looks like it has massive frame damage, and will end up getting a salvaged title.

There is no body shop that will want to touch that.

well on the good news, since your ok, i can say you will probably get more now from that lady's insurance company, on your down payment then you would of trading the car in.

But again, wow, she really pummeled you from behind, and then you smashed up front.

Was the pickup and the lady ok?

And yeah that car is totaled, it looks like it has massive frame damage, and will end up getting a salvaged title.

There is no body shop that will want to touch that.
Yea the other drivers were ok too. It was like a ping pong bam bam. It was like slow motion yet so fast. I saw she was going to hit me so I braced against my seat and wham. No airbags on first hit and I saw me get pushed into oncoming truck and wham again. That time airbags deployed all over the place and it was over. Pretty sore now.