TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

MB Club - Hawaii invites Tesla Owners to Oktoberfest Event 25 Oct

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Akikiki, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

#1 Akikiki, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    The MB Club of America - Hawaii Section once again invites Tesla Owners to their all car club event.
    The 3rd Annual Oktoberfest event will be held a The Pali Golf Course on 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 25 Oct 2014

"The event also provides Hawaii car clubs an opportunity to promote their organizations, showcase their programs and to promote membership. Hawaii car clubs who have participated in previous shows include the Porsche Club, Team BMW, Edition 808, British Car Club, Edition 808, Team Foreign Objects, Volkswagen Club and the Mercedes-Benz Club. The all new Tesla Club, and from the good ol’ USA, the Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club will also participate for the first time at Oktoberfest this year."

MBCA of Hawaii

The MBCA Hawaii club VP has offered to dedicate space and supply a tent for Tesla owners if 10 Tesla owners commit to participating. Please check your schedule and reserve the 25th to bring your Tesla and show it off to other car owners.
    :rolleyes: Show of hands for those that can make it? :rolleyes:

Hope to see you there... Anyone Else?
    Update:
    This is a list of those owners that have said they will attend MBCA-Hawaii Octoberfest
    As of: 8/30/14

Akikiki
    dsmith2189
    Weazl - tentative
    Nanimac
    StephenM - tentative
    drtko147
    dpodoll

2. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

#2 dsmith2189, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Octoberfest0001.jpg

3. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

I'm in, work schedule permitting.

4. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I have something at 1:00 that day but ca probably show up for an hour or so before hand.

5. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

URGENT! :)

Hi everyone,

The MB club is asking for a preliminary headcount on who can attend the event as they are preparing their flyers for the event and would love to include our "logo" on the flyer.

Let me know if you think you can attend, even if it's tentative.

Thanks!

6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

nanimac, I'm in. Can do.

7. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Put me down as tentative too. :smile:

8. drtko147

drtko147 Member

You can add me to the list but I won't be able to come until after noon.

9. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

we're in
    Dale & Eileen

10. Paul S

Paul S Member

Color me there

11. Paul S

Paul S Member

I was looking at the Promotional Photo - all the car owners with their hoods up - I'm planning on bringing a nice Picnic basket to put in my Frunk to show the ICE agers a better use for all that space used by a greasy engine! Aloha

12. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

^^ We often put a couple of freezer packs in the Tesla frunk bag/box thingy and it works well to just pull out a picnic when we go frunk-gating at Polo matches. Attracts a lot of attention btw, expect lots of Tesla-Time. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

The quirk about the real Oktoberfest is that it's held in September - Is the 10/25 date just due to time zones? :tongue:

13. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Registration is open and ends on the 15th. It's a $15 donation to "display" your car at the event. Proceeds go to Moanalua HS and Aina Haina ES. On the map, we already have an area set for us

Okakopa Hoolaulea 2014 | Okakopafest

we can do a drive afterward if people aren't too tired from talking about Teslas all day.

14. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Thanks for the info. I will likely attend. Will post if I register, but will have to hold off registering until the cutoff to see what my work schedule looks like. Here's hoping!

15. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Got a call from the Mercedes Club rep today. They're really anxious to have Tesla represented at the show. :smile: Told him I would post a reminder about the event. REGISTRATION ends on Oct 15th but could close it early if they run out of space.

It's a minimum $15 donation to have your car on the field. I just ordered my ticket for the Show and Shine through the eventbrite link @ Okakopa Hoolaulea 2014 | Okakopafest. In the quantity section, just enter 15 (or more if you want). If anyone wants to enter the Concours show (which is judged), it's an additional $10.

Please post if you decide to register for this event. Sounds like it'll be fun and a great opportunity to talk Tesla!

16. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Registered. :smile:

17. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Another Reminder: registration ends at 11pm on Oct 15th. Only akikiki and I are signed up so far... Hoping we can have a few more :rolleyes: should be fun!

Okakopa Hoolaulea 2014 | Okakopafest

18. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Come on Sunny, Matt, Stephen, David, Tim, There's currently 97 cars signed up. 95 of them are NOT Teslas. (Please?)

19. spleen

spleen Active Member

Would love to come but working that day and conflicts afterwards with kids' events. :(

20. Jkam

Jkam Member

I would like to attend, but can only make it from 2pm on. Is it worth it to show up for two hours?