Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU 1 Browser fix/work around

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley
Here is a recent thread posted on Reddit on the process to help extend the life of a failing MCU1... :cool:

MCU1 Browser Fix - posted in the teslamotors community

GeneralMCU1 Browser Fix (self.teslamotors) submitted 5 days ago * by djhazee
I think I figured out how to get the browser working on MCU1 cars. I have a 2017 MS 75D, MCU1 AP2.
After performing the steps below, my browser, release notes, and manual all started working:

1) Open Browser
2) Type in "127.0.0.1:8000" into the browser and navigate to it.
3) Once you see "This webpage is not available", browse to your page of choice!

I assume by resolving to localhost, the browser is put into a "completed" state, which it can then start resolving other addresses afterwards. Probably a bug in the underlying browser + embedded code. Let me know if it works for you!
Edit: Users are also reporting that an MCU reboot and removing any USB drives prior to the steps above are required for this to work.
Edit2: The WSOD came back for me after a few days and my localhost trick seemed to not work. I did an MCU+Dash reset (Held scroll wheels + two buttons above, no foot on brake) and everything started working again without issues.

Here is a recent thread posted on Reddit on the process to help extend the life of a failing MCU1... :cool:

I think I figured out how to get the browser working on MCU1 cars. I have a 2017 MS 75D, MCU1 AP2.
After performing the steps below, my browser, release notes, and manual all started working:

1) Open Browser

I assume by resolving to localhost, the browser is put into a "completed" state, which it can then start resolving other addresses afterwards. Probably a bug in the underlying browser + embedded code. Let me know if it works for you!
Edit: Users are also reporting that an MCU reboot and removing any USB drives prior to the steps above are required for this to work.
Edit2: The WSOD came back for me after a few days and my localhost trick seemed to not work. I did an MCU+Dash reset (Held scroll wheels + two buttons above, no foot on brake) and everything started working again without issues.

I've tried this but can't get it away from the frozen white screen. Tried rebooting 3 times.

1) Open Browser

Complete success with this. Thank you