Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU 1 Browser working - something good for a change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the browser (which i don't use much) on my MCU1 has been working fine for several days now.
It happened since the 2020.8.1 update and it's still working with the 2020.8.1.1 (which was installed just a day after the previous one).

So..., despite the slow range reduction (stealing) that keeps coming in every update, something good for a change.

Let's just see how long the working browser lasts.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
Right after a update or after a reboot, the MCU1 browser will work for a bit, but try it in a day or two or after driving 50+ miles, and you'll see that it just stops. Go to map an tap on a point of interest and tap on the web browser icon which should bring up the web page for that point of interest. Do that a few times and you're browser will no longer function until you do a reboot.

Reactions: TorbenS and jlv1
Right after a update or after a reboot, the MCU1 browser will work for a bit, but try it in a day or two or after driving 50+ miles, and you'll see that it just stops. Go to map an tap on a point of interest and tap on the web browser icon which should bring up the web page for that point of interest. Do that a few times and you're browser will no longer function until you do a reboot.

Yes, i know that.
But in my case, this time, it's been working for a bit more time.
It will probably fail again in these next few days, but so far it's holding longer that it used to lately.

We still have a browser? Just ignore it and sooner or later it will fade from memory, and now you've wrecked that. I think the last time I touched the non-working browser was 9 months ago.
I wish it would fade from memory, but it's still there slowly killing the emmc just by existing, wearing it out more every update whether you use it or not. At least if they finally fixed it we can get something useful sometimes.

So the browser (which i don't use much) on my MCU1 has been working fine for several days now.
It happened since the 2020.8.1 update and it's still working with the 2020.8.1.1 (which was installed just a day after the previous one).

So..., despite the slow range reduction (stealing) that keeps coming in every update, something good for a change.

Let's just see how long the working browser lasts.
wish i could try my 2016 S with 65K just had complete MCU failure and Tesla cant tell me if/when they can fix....