Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU 2 screen came with a plastic cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I got my MCU upgraded and I have just noticed that the screen has a clear plastic cover. I assume that needs to be removed, but I have not seen of anybody having to do so. Also, it seems to go under the edges, so I am afraid of messing up things if I just pull.

Has anybody found the same thing? Should I go back to the service center? Or just leave it in place (free screen protection!)…

Attachments

• 73EE9D97-A666-4A05-BB8B-5457F6C82A85.jpeg
    73EE9D97-A666-4A05-BB8B-5457F6C82A85.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 82
Just a quick update for future generations. I followed up with the service center and they suggested sending a ranger to remove the plastic. Probably an overkill, I feel bad with so many people out there waiting for service, but it looks like I could break things if I do it myself...

Yeah, it is tricky. It seems clear that there is a plastic there, but the edges are under the trim. I would have to do some probing with a toothpick or something like that to peel it off. It does not look terrible as is, but I assume with time it will start yellowing and the adhesive might also stain the screen.
What a silly issue to have 😅