TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MCU / AP versions, WIFI traffic, etc. - How do I find those

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nevrenuf, Apr 18, 2018.

1. nevrenuf

nevrenuf Member

When reading posts here, I often see people referring to what version MCU they have, what version AP they have, how much data has been downloaded by the car, and other details. Where does this information come from? I push the tesla logo and can see the firmware version (I'm on 8.12) but see no details about Map versions, AP versions, wifi details, etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

2. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

AP you can tell by the hardware on your car...If you don't have cameras in the B pillars, it's AP 1.0.

If you do, the difference between 2.0 and 2.5 is a camera inside by the rear view mirror.

3. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

I have 2.5 and I don't see that.

The difference between 2.0 and 2.5 is the computer hardware.

• Like x 1
  4. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

To see your MCU version, goto mcu.voltmoto.com in your car. That will tell you.

As mentioned above, AP1 cars do not have cameras in the turn signals or B pillars. If your car does have that, it is v 2 or 2.5. There is no in cabin camera in a S or X, but only in the 3. All 3s come with 2.5. Anything that went into production post mid August should be 2.5, but if you really want to know you could sign up for the trial at TeslaFi (http://firmware.teslafi.com/). This will tell you. There was a way to tell pre-delivery based on your reservation PDF URL, but I don't think you can access that after delivery.

Some routers will give owners access to information about how much data a particular device connected to their WIFI downloads and uploads. I have Google WiFi, and I can find information about this in my router application. I do not believe there is a way to see how much data transfer occurs over LTE.

5. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

Does all TeslaFi features work outside the US (Europe, Netherlands). Like charging costs? And can units be changed into metric?

6. wooter

wooter Nou ik heb niet te klagen over Tesla support

It works for me. I see it in metric and you can set up charging costs in €.