Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU / AP versions, WIFI traffic, etc. - How do I find those

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When reading posts here, I often see people referring to what version MCU they have, what version AP they have, how much data has been downloaded by the car, and other details. Where does this information come from? I push the tesla logo and can see the firmware version (I'm on 8.12) but see no details about Map versions, AP versions, wifi details, etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

When reading posts here, I often see people referring to what version MCU they have, what version AP they have, how much data has been downloaded by the car, and other details. Where does this information come from? I push the tesla logo and can see the firmware version (I'm on 8.12) but see no details about Map versions, AP versions, wifi details, etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

To see your MCU version, goto mcu.voltmoto.com in your car. That will tell you.

As mentioned above, AP1 cars do not have cameras in the turn signals or B pillars. If your car does have that, it is v 2 or 2.5. There is no in cabin camera in a S or X, but only in the 3. All 3s come with 2.5. Anything that went into production post mid August should be 2.5, but if you really want to know you could sign up for the trial at TeslaFi (http://firmware.teslafi.com/). This will tell you. There was a way to tell pre-delivery based on your reservation PDF URL, but I don't think you can access that after delivery.

Some routers will give owners access to information about how much data a particular device connected to their WIFI downloads and uploads. I have Google WiFi, and I can find information about this in my router application. I do not believe there is a way to see how much data transfer occurs over LTE.