Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU DEAD? Keeps restarting then goes black.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 P85D is acting very strange. All of a sudden after driving it half they day, I got in the car and the touchscreen is black. The seat memory doesn't work, radio is off but the car drives and turn signals work. The screen keeps restarting itself, I see the Tesla logo then just goes black and keeps doing the same thing over and over again. I can still access the car via the app and I am still able to connect my home charger and charge. I tried doing a manual restart but just keeps doing the same thing. What's going on here?

I was able to make an appointment via the app for August 3!!! That's three weeks from today. Mobile service was August 6 so no help either. What should I do? I can't really drive the car with a/c so can't really drive it.

UPDATE:

It was a software anomaly and they were able to correct it.

I love the service at Tesla Paramus. They're great. When I first setup the service appointment, the earliest I could get was for three weeks out. Once one of the service advisors saw my request and realized that it could be a MCU problem, they moved me up to the next day! How many dealers do that for you?

LOVE TESLA PARAMUS!!!!!

Reactions: SilverGS
Just ran across this post. My husband and I have a 2015 85D. Yesterday when getting back into the car at a supercharger, the MCU was blank. It started and we drove, stopping two more times and made it home. This morning he took it to Rocklin WITHOUT an appointment. Yep, MCU dead. After a few calls Rocklin found a loaner, arranged for the MCU replacement and he opted to replace the original 12 volt battery. He was quoted $1700/$1800 for the MCU and around $150 for the battery. He was on his way home in 1 hour!
We have always been treated well in Rocklin. I know things are getting more hectic with the number of new cars being sold. I hope all owners will have our luck.