Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU/FSD Upgrade, 12V Battery Dying Repeatedly in 2017 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @EagleOne,

I have just installed 2020.44.15 and changed the TeslaFi value "Polling Delay After Waking Up"
to 10 minutes...

I have had two 12 hour plus sleeps since then with the car plugged in...

I will be changing the Poll Delay value mentioned above to 2 minutes because with it set to
10 minutes TeslaFi missed a short drive...

Shawn

Hi @EagleOne,
I will be changing the Poll Delay value mentioned above to 2 minutes because with it set to
10 minutes TeslaFi missed a short drive...
Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I found that the poll delay value set to 10 minutes had me missing the first part of several drives. But setting it to 1 or 2 would prevent my car from sleeping for a decent amount of time when plugged in. After some playing around I found that I could *maybe* go as low as 6 minutes and reliably get the car sleeping when plugged in. I ended up setting it to 7 to be conservative. So not ideal in that I expect to still miss some drive parts (and have that consumption incorrectly added to my phantom drain results) but it's as good as I've been able to come up with.

I still have the option of charging my car and then unplugging it the next morning if it's just going to sit there but that kind of goes against Tesla's advice to just leave the car plugged in and let it handle itself. Plus, with winter coming, I like the idea of preconditioning without having to go out and plug it back in...

Let me know what you find for your optimum number.

Best regards,

Marc

Hi Shawn,

You're doing better than me. Looking at the raw data I noticed that TeslaFi seems to allow for 1 more "ignore poll" event than I have specified (i.e. if I put in a 5 it will go up to a maximum of 6). I noticed that when I set the delay to 10 or 11, it would almost never go above 7. So I currently have it set at 6 minutes and this seems to allow the car the continuous sleep I'm looking for.

However, through just luck of the draw, I am still occasionally missing the start of a drive. Up to around 5 minutes.

I also cannot successfully interpret what "offline sleep" really means at one location where I park frequently. I'm kind of assuming that the LTE signal is low there (although no issue with map population and setting destination). So presumably TeslaFi has no information and is just guessing at the car state. I've unchecked the "Show offline as asleep" again to dig into it more. I'm going to try to connect it to wifi in that location to see if it really is connectivity or something else.

Best Regards,

Marc