TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MCU locking up when I put the car in reverse

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, Jul 8, 2018.

1. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

#1 insaneoctane, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Happened for a third or fourth time over the last week. Not on the very latest firmware yet (think I'm on 21.9). Music is playing, I tap up for reverse and the music goes into the micro loop of the last quarter second and whole MCU is frozen. I reboot and everything comes back. But 4 times? Also happens when I need my backup camera! Anyone else having this problem?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I would recommend calling national support (the roadside number) and have them diagnose and see if they would push 2018,24.1 which seems to not be in general release for the 3 yet. Or it could be a hardware problem. The logs may tell them the reason.

3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

You can file a bug report just by using voice command "Bug Report".
    Tesla will then be able to check what was happening at the moment you had the problem.

4. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Recommended procedure when issues are found.
    Support call first
    Forum post second
    :D

• Like x 1
  5. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Sounds like it's not widespread then